Pinkpop 2024

willsmith700

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

I listened to Ed Sheeran on Conan's podcast a few days ago. It was amazing, he sounded like a cool dude and I went and listened to the newest album super hopeful and it was still bad lol

If he headlined I'd like it if it was a q&a session 

His is one of the few episodes of the Off Menu episodes I haven't heard. But I've heard he's a good interviewee so... dunno if I should u-turn on such an idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Jera on Air announced their line up, and it looks as though they were close to booking Limp Bizkit for the Saturday headline slot. Festival booker suggested that a later move from Pinkpop has made the booking fall through and they "just couldn't compete" at that point. 

Interesting rumours so far;

Smashing Pumpkins
The Gaslight Anthem
Ed Sheeran
Dua Lipa
The Cure
Weezer
Limp Bizkit 
Hozier
The National
Avril Lavigne

Hopefully a line up soon. Last year, a bunch of bands were confirmed late November. 

4 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Not seen any evidence to suggest so, people just throwing the name around for no reason at this point.

Was some Dutch media who included them in their run down of who could / should be playing. Then Festileaks and Festivals United had included them in their list of potential acts, so thought worth including. Granted, most of the other artists have direct touring schedules or other dates within the vicinity which add a degree of gravity to their rumoured appearances haah. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, willsmith700 said:

Interesting rumours so far;

Smashing Pumpkins
The Gaslight Anthem
Ed Sheeran
Dua Lipa
The Cure
Weezer
Limp Bizkit 
Hozier
The National
Avril Lavigne

Hopefully a line up soon. Last year, a bunch of bands were confirmed late November. 

From your list I would rule out the national, Avril, ed Sheeran, gaslight anthem and smashing pumpkins due to their other dates making it unlikely they would play 3/4 days in a row in different countries.

Kings of Leon have announced their first date, UK in July.

1 hour ago, Sparticus2 said:

From your list I would rule out the national, Avril, ed Sheeran, gaslight anthem and smashing pumpkins due to their other dates making it unlikely they would play 3/4 days in a row in different countries.

Kings of Leon have announced their first date, UK in July.

I would love Ed Sheeran to not be headlining haha. But would check him out regardless. I literally just went by the press / interviews and fortuitous tour dates etc that I’ve stumbled across thus far. 

1 hour ago, MK1 said:

Pearl Jam is probably going on tour next year. Think they could play the festival again? Not on your list.

Pearl Jam would be amazing and a fair while since I last watched them. I’d be happy with that. Tbh, I just collated the names from obvious tour dates, interviews and the press thus far. I’m hoping System might head over from Graspop. A lot of big names on that line up. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MK1 said:

Dua Lipa - Pearl Jam - and probably Ed Sheeran. Though it strange he hasn't been announced yet...

I'd be super happy with Pearl Jam. Dua Lipa looks to be a done deal given recent announcements. 

If I remember rightly, last year - the bulk of the line up was around late November (22nd?). I think P!nk was announced ahead of this, due to the tour tickets going live a month or so earlier. As such, the festival didn't want to miss the promo opportunities which came with the artist launch so announced this headliner ahead of the bulk of the line up.

A fair few interviews with European bookers have made it sound like a pretty challenging year on the Festival front to get the line ups put together. Excited to see what they pull out the bag (although Ed Sheeran feels pretty underwhelming). 

Edited by willsmith700

14 hours ago, MK1 said:

Why is PP waiting so long with announcing some names? Probobably the only big festival besides Primavera that is still in silince mode??

As above - I do recall the bulk of the line up was announced around late November (22nd?) for this years edition, so maybe something will come next week. The booker has given an interview saying they are hoping to announce their initial line up "this year"! 

Thijs Vogels (Jera), Andy Copping (Download) and Niek Murray (Pinkpop) have all suggested it has been pretty difficult / competitive on the booking front. So, I wonder if that has anything to do with the slow burn. 

Admittedly, for this years, P!nk was announced very early as an exception, due to the tour tickets going live a month or so earlier and Pinkpop wanted to lock the promo, and didn't want to miss the opportunities which came with the artists tour launch.