Campervan, friends joining later - HELP

Jacko45

Evening all can't find specific question on here.

Basically group of 6 in total but only 4 of us will arrive in the campervan. 

The other Two members will also arrive Tuesday but in the PM (they're being dropped off)

How do they go about entering the campervan area to join us?

Thanks in advance 

21 minutes ago, Neil said:

It's possible to get to the CV Fields from the car parks, they'll have a long walk from wherever they're dropped off to the CV fields 

Thanks Neil, where will they get their wristbands?

Just need to walk to Campervan fields and advise they're stopping with friends? 

8 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Thanks Neil, where will they get their wristbands?

at the festival entrance gates from Wednesday morning.

Edited by Neil

nobody in the CV East gets their wristbands until they go through PGC (the Gate at the bottom of the hill) the same as regular punters..

Not sure how your friends would get into the car park... maybe getting dropped off at the Car Parks entrance on A37??

No confusion on the question... 

Your friends need to  get themselves into the Car Parks on the east side of the festival and then ask to be let in to the CV East fields. The gate (to my knowledge) is between car park 8 & 9, bringing you in to CV17/16 (see map) BUT... because they are being dropped off they need to somehow get into the car parks...(thats the tricky bit)  

Glastonbury-Webmap-2023_V1.5.png

Edited by BlueDaze
forgot map

2 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

No confusion on the question... 

Your friends need to  get themselves into the Car Parks on the east side of the festival and then ask to be let in to the CV East fields. The gate (to my knowledge) is between car park 8 & 9, bringing you in to CV17/16 (see map) BUT... because they are being dropped off they need to somehow get into the car parks...(thats the tricky bit)  

Glastonbury-Webmap-2023_V1.5.png

That's fantastic thanks very much 

3 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

That's fantastic thanks very much 

So, I assume that you take all their gear and set up a tent for them next to your van? Make sure you tell the steward that you need room for a tent when you get parked up.. Then you can go meet them at the gate in CV17/16 assuming they get into the car park alright

good luck with it.. enjoy your festival

Edited by BlueDaze

2 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

So, I assume that you take all their gear and set up a tent for them next to your van? Make sure you tell the steward that you need room for a tent when you get parked up.. Then you can go meet them at the gate in CV17/16 assuming they get into the car park alright

good luck with it.. enjoy your festival

Yep we're setting up their tent.

Ya been told to make sure we tell them we've got tent + awning thank you again for the help

1 hour ago, Jacko45 said:

So they can't join us later on the  Tuesday?

Were getting there at 12pm, they can't arrive till 6pm

they don't need to be wristbanded to get into the cv fields.

We did this last year. My friend took his van along with our tent and all our stuff on the Tuesday. He very kindly put up our tent next to his van and then we arrived on the Wednesday morning, parked up and walked down to join them. The campervan fields are massive so I'd recommend using the ‘what3words’ app to help your friends find where you are.

The campervan fields are technically off site so none of you will get wristbands until you go into the site itself on the Wednesday. You’ll need to keep your ticket with you and when you go back after each day you’ll go back through the gate and will be given a paper pass out, which you’ll need to keep alongside your ticket for getting back in the following day

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Did this all work out ok @Jacko45 ?

Not at all! - Not one member of staff on-site had the foggiest idea how this could be achieved (asked 6/7 stewards)

Was told:

1. They cannot be dropped off anywhere near here, they would have to be dropped at Red gate then walk all the way across site, but it's not open so that won't work.
  2. They could try get dropped at Campervan entrance and do the 2 mile walk up from Pylle Village Hall, but unsure if that's allowed.

Finally we had the nicest neighbour you could ever imagine, he was going to pick up his wife later and he offered to collect our friends and bring them back in. 

6 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Not at all! - Not one member of staff on-site had the foggiest idea how this could be achieved (asked 6/7 stewards)

Was told:

1. They cannot be dropped off anywhere near here, they would have to be dropped at Red gate then walk all the way across site, but it's not open so that won't work.
  2. They could try get dropped at Campervan entrance and do the 2 mile walk up from Pylle Village Hall, but unsure if that's allowed.

Finally we had the nicest neighbour you could ever imagine, he was going to pick up his wife later and he offered to collect our friends and bring them back in. 

Wow.. That was a result.! 

So how did the neighbour get offsite and back in again (as it is one way)..? I assume they must have to drive out past Love Fields on Blue Route and then come back in via the normal Pylle Lane?? Where did they pick up your friends?

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

Wow.. That was a result.! 

So how did the neighbour get offsite and back in again (as it is one way)..? I assume they must have to drive out past Love Fields on Blue Route and then come back in via the normal Pylle Lane?? Where did they pick up your friends?

I'm actually unsure on both counts haha! We were just very excited to see them so never asked.

He came and went loads during the weekend as they had a newborn and wanted to keep seeing it. (The friendly neighbour did, not our friends)