Stag do

waynewdk

Good morning, firstly I like to mention I don’t think I deserve a ticket just because it’s my stag do.

Anyway I’m getting married in 2025, and I love the festival and I’m thinking about having my stag do there. My wedding is giving to be themed Glastonbury I think, tables names as areas or stages.

Was wondering do you think I could pull it off? there will most likely be around 18 of us. Has anyone got any ideas how we could be more successful or any other ideas, other than all 18 trying to get the tickets

Thanks in advance

Also does anyone know if a fallow year is due anytime soon

It's possible.  Groups of 18 have been successful in the past and usually, the larger groups have better odds of getting tickets if they work together.

As long as you are all organised on ticket day, it should be possible.

Good luck and congrats on the upcoming wedding.

47 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

It's possible.  Groups of 18 have been successful in the past and usually, the larger groups have better odds of getting tickets if they work together.

As long as you are all organised on ticket day, it should be possible.

Good luck and congrats on the upcoming wedding.

Thankyou

27 minutes ago, lewree said:

3 groups of 6. You're going to have to rank your friends from 1-17 (with you at the top of the first group!)

Good luck!

This will be the hardest part, I thought maybe do a random generator so no one get upset, and if we all don’t get one, people can decide if they still want to go as a normally festival, as maybe a back up plan for a stag do abroad

4 hours ago, waynewdk said:

Good morning, firstly I like to mention I don’t think I deserve a ticket just because it’s my stag do.

Anyway I’m getting married in 2025, and I love the festival and I’m thinking about having my stag do there. My wedding is giving to be themed Glastonbury I think, tables names as areas or stages.

Was wondering do you think I could pull it off? there will most likely be around 18 of us. Has anyone got any ideas how we could be more successful or any other ideas, other than all 18 trying to get the tickets

Thanks in advance

Also does anyone know if a fallow year is due anytime soon

My advice would be to check with your other half first 😄  - If it's 2025 do you have the next two years to try to pull it off (e.g. if you get in next year, is it okay for your stag to be over a year early / have two if ye get in the following year too!)?  If your partner's fully into Glastonbury too, is her hen do likely to be Glastonbury too?  Too many questions, sorry 🙂 - but ye can all be trying for each other, so more chances if so.

Ignoring all my questions my main advise would be to try to get people to see this as helping you to organise your wedding - share the reg details of the 3x6 groups and have as many people trying to make it happen for you as possible.

22 minutes ago, p.pete said:

My advice would be to check with your other half first 😄  - If it's 2025 do you have the next two years to try to pull it off (e.g. if you get in next year, is it okay for your stag to be over a year early / have two if ye get in the following year too!)?  If your partner's fully into Glastonbury too, is her hen do likely to be Glastonbury too?  Too many questions, sorry 🙂 - but ye can all be trying for each other, so more chances if so.

Ignoring all my questions my main advise would be to try to get people to see this as helping you to organise your wedding - share the reg details of the 3x6 groups and have as many people trying to make it happen for you as possible.

Cheers. 2 stag does does sound good,  she lets me do what ever I want so lucky that way, she will be going to some beach somewhere, glasto not her thing, normally just do it with the lads 

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I would also look at getting all 18 engaged in ticket buying in October for 2024 (assuming you will be going)..

It will get them used to the process and maybe help sort your group members..(who's up for it?)

That’s a good idea, bit of a test run for them 

It's a nice ambition and certainly doable. I'd begin with sharing your ambition with your prospective stags as some will be more receptive than others. I'd have no problem rustling up a dozen mates for a weekend in Prague, Estonia etc. Mention Glasto and camping and it's a totally different result.