Motorbike entry?

LR10416

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have a see tickets coach ticket and my partner has a general ticket and will be arriving by motorbike. Website says the compound for the motorbikes is by the festival bus station, which means we will both be using Ped Gate A. So my question is do the motorbike attendees join the same queue at the same point as the people arriving by coach? We are aiming to try and get in roughly the same time so trying to find out if its the same queue or if the bikers get the benefit of joining the queue elsewhere or a separate (presumably shorter) queue? Not bothered about needing to queue together as know it will be almost impossible to find each other but still looking to try and coordinate timings as best as possible. Anyone have any experience of this? For context my coach is expected to get onsite around 7:30/7:45.

1 hour ago, LR10416 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have a see tickets coach ticket and my partner has a general ticket and will be arriving by motorbike. Website says the compound for the motorbikes is by the festival bus station, which means we will both be using Ped Gate A. So my question is do the motorbike attendees join the same queue at the same point as the people arriving by coach? We are aiming to try and get in roughly the same time so trying to find out if its the same queue or if the bikers get the benefit of joining the queue elsewhere or a separate (presumably shorter) queue? Not bothered about needing to queue together as know it will be almost impossible to find each other but still looking to try and coordinate timings as best as possible. Anyone have any experience of this? For context my coach is expected to get onsite around 7:30/7:45.

no replies yet so will give it a guess

given a motorbike is private transport i'd have thought back of the main queue to be honest.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gfa said:

no replies yet so will give it a guess

given a motorbike is private transport i'd have thought back of the main queue to be honest.

Many thanks for reply! Do you have any experience of what the main queue is like in comparison to the bus queue? I've only ever arrived by coach before (either see or national express) so no idea of the comparison. I'm assuming most car drivers join gate D and can't recall from previous years where private vehicle people would join at gate A.

35 minutes ago, LR10416 said:

Many thanks for reply! Do you have any experience of what the main queue is like in comparison to the bus queue? I've only ever arrived by coach before (either see or national express) so no idea of the comparison. I'm assuming most car drivers join gate D and can't recall from previous years where private vehicle people would join at gate A.

Arriving ca. 7:30 - 8am Wednesday and entering via at Gates A or D expect to queue for 2hrs or more in the general queue. By comparison coach queues are ca 15 - 45min. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Arriving ca. 7:30 - 8am Wednesday and entering via at Gates A or D expect to queue for 2hrs or more in the general queue. By comparison coach queues are ca 15 - 45min. 

Ooh I wish the coach queues were 15-45 mins! In my experience, arriving around between 7-9 on Weds I've always queued about 2 hours. But good to know that in general the main queue is longer, even for gate A. Thank you both for your help!

Gate A general queue is bigger than the coach arrivals, plenty of car drivers arrive at A hoping to camp on the North side. But they let coach passengers through quicker to a) incentivise coach travel and b) not clog up the festival coach station with queuing passengers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bexj said:

Gate A general queue is bigger than the coach arrivals, plenty of car drivers arrive at A hoping to camp on the North side. But they let coach passengers through quicker to a) incentivise coach travel and b) not clog up the festival coach station with queuing passengers. 

Thanks, I didn't realise so many car drivers went to A. Really useful. I'll assume for now then that bikers join the same queue as car drivers and therefore he will be queuing longer!

19 hours ago, LR10416 said:

Ooh I wish the coach queues were 15-45 mins! In my experience, arriving around between 7-9 on Weds I've always queued about 2 hours. But good to know that in general the main queue is longer, even for gate A. Thank you both for your help!

Have been twice by coach arriving around 8 - 8:30. Longest we had to queue was less than 30mins. Either we were lucky or you've been unlucky 🤔

53 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Have been twice by coach arriving around 8 - 8:30. Longest we had to queue was less than 30mins. Either we were lucky or you've been unlucky 🤔

Same, got coach multiple times, only once has the queue been longer but moved pretty well. 

This year arriving on Thursday we strolled straight through. 

20 hours ago, Lycra said:

Yeah unfortunately we always seem to time it horribly! Last year we arrived and queued probably about 1hr 45, but hardly anyone joined the queue behind us in comparison so reckon could have turned up later and got in much the same time!

Gate A for non-coach users was absolutely awful last year. I was stuck in an unmoving queue (at the zigzag bit) for hours, because they prioritise coach users. This was at peak morning hours so we had it coming, will never do again.