Tickets for 2024

Big Benny

Hi everyone. Veteran festival goer, Glastonbury, Leeds, ect. Best man next year to a die-hard guitar loving emo goth. Suggested download for 12 of us. What's the crack with tickets. Is it max 6 per person?, does it sell out instantly like other?, any advice would be brilliant 👏 

I think it’s max 6 per one purchase (not 100% on that but it’s usually the case with these kinds of tickets) but it won’t instantly sell out at all so you’ll have no problem buying all twelve in two or more batches. This years festival is possibly the first Download to sell out ever… or at least in a very long time, and I can’t imagine that’s gonna happen year on year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big Benny said:

Hi everyone. Veteran festival goer, Glastonbury, Leeds, ect. Best man next year to a die-hard guitar loving emo goth. Suggested download for 12 of us. What's the crack with tickets. Is it max 6 per person?, does it sell out instantly like other?, any advice would be brilliant 👏 

Doesn’t sell out instantly. In fact, it doesn’t sell out at all, it’s just this year is an anomaly given Metallica X2 and the generally stronger lineup. I suspect next year will be back to not selling out. I can’t be sure on maximum tickets per person. I think it may be 4? But 6 could be right. But two different transactions would solve this (I’d advise against the same person doing both transactions, tickets might be cancelled knowing Ticketmaster).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Doesn’t sell out instantly. In fact, it doesn’t sell out at all, it’s just this year is an anomaly given Metallica X2 and the generally stronger lineup. I suspect next year will be back to not selling out. I can’t be sure on maximum tickets per person. I think it may be 4? But 6 could be right. But two different transactions would solve this (I’d advise against the same person doing both transactions, tickets might be cancelled knowing Ticketmaster).

amazing advise my dude, thanks a million!!

14 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I think it’s max 6 per one purchase (not 100% on that but it’s usually the case with these kinds of tickets) but it won’t instantly sell out at all so you’ll have no problem buying all twelve in two or more batches. This years festival is possibly the first Download to sell out ever… or at least in a very long time, and I can’t imagine that’s gonna happen year on year.

Thanks for the brilliant advise. Do you now roughly when they go on sale?

3 hours ago, Big Benny said:

Thanks for the brilliant advise. Do you now roughly when they go on sale?

This year general on-sale was from 10th November, but there were a number of presale events (directly through Download or through Artists, just sign up for one of them) that were released a few days before this. It differs year-to-year though, so could be earlier for 2024 given it won't be a special addition and they'll likely want a longer period to sell the tickets so just make sure you keep an eye on Download's socials / this forum (people can usually gauge when tickets are to go on sale based off of Download's website activity etc!).

• 1 month later...