Trolley on National Express coach?

ahoykatie

Hey all! My friend and I are planning to take a National Express coach to Glastonbury from London, I was thinking of grabbing something like this folding trolly to strap our non-rucksack stuff to (the tent, the beers haha).

Has anyone done in this in the past and seen that it would be allowed? The National Express luggage police states you're allowed two pieces of small luggage or one piece of big luggage. The trolly i'm looking at folds down so could we carry it with us as luggage and then assemble it when we arrive? 

Otherwise we could do the train but I think we might have the same issue when trying to get the shuttle bus from the station, don't have a car so that's not a possibility haha 

Thanks in advance for any help!!

46 minutes ago, ahoykatie said:

Hey all! My friend and I are planning to take a National Express coach to Glastonbury from London, I was thinking of grabbing something like this folding trolly to strap our non-rucksack stuff to (the tent, the beers haha).

Has anyone done in this in the past and seen that it would be allowed? The National Express luggage police states you're allowed two pieces of small luggage or one piece of big luggage. The trolly i'm looking at folds down so could we carry it with us as luggage and then assemble it when we arrive? 

Otherwise we could do the train but I think we might have the same issue when trying to get the shuttle bus from the station, don't have a car so that's not a possibility haha 

Similar discussions... 

3 hours ago, ahoykatie said:

If it folds down chances are it won't be strong enough to make it home should there be mud just fyi

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, savethatjek said:

I got this recently, nervous about approaching the coach with it so won’t overload in case the driver says no. It’s mainly to take the weight off my back 

A9BE0A6E-C54C-466E-B143-BF8DF45E16FF.png

This is one of the trolleys/trucks that people have had issues taking in the past. It comes down to the space available in the luggage compartment and how tight the driver's pants are! Some people have had to ditch them at the pick up whilst others (me 😃) have had no problems.

My advice is to strap everything you can onto the truck so your gear comes as one to minimise its footprint and get to the front for loading. However if space runs out the driver can and will refuse to carry non-essential items such as trucks/trolleys, chairs and packs of ale 😫 etc

• Like 1

On our see tickets coach the driver just stood back and watched everyone load their own stuff … not sure what would have happened if the hold was full . Well he actually didn’t even watch he was busy ticking people off his list 

Edited by Crazyfool01

11 hours ago, savethatjek said:

I got this recently, nervous about approaching the coach with it so won’t overload in case the driver says no. It’s mainly to take the weight off my back 

A9BE0A6E-C54C-466E-B143-BF8DF45E16FF.png

19 minutes ago, Lycra said:

This is one of the trolleys/trucks that people have had issues taking in the past. It comes down to the space available in the luggage compartment and how tight the driver's pants are! Some people have had to ditch them at the pick up whilst others (me 😃) have had no problems.

My advice is to strap everything you can onto the truck so your gear comes as one to minimise its footprint and get to the front for loading. However if space runs out the driver can and will refuse to carry non-essential items such as trucks/trolleys, chairs and packs of ale 😫 etc

Cheers for the advice, that’s my plan. Just going to keep everything the same width as the truck so it’ll make sense at the time to just put it in the hold