Glastonbury Map

marathonsteve

On 11/3/2022 at 2:49 PM, marathonsteve said:

Every body gets lost sometimes on here.  Ive been lost a lot of times late at night at Glastonbury

even after 43 years I got caught out - not really lost as I knew where I was 
but ' I could not find my Bloody tent '

We were using a new Crew site - we arrived on the Tuesday had a drink in the crew bar but I kept bumping into people so did not leave until after 3am -

All my Team was camping beside each other and the one nearest the path had a very distinctive tent and just to make certain I had switched on my UFO Camping light { 28 LED's } which was hanging inside the tent so my tent could be spotted in the dark from a distance - walked back to discover the area was Floodlight { they had not been there before so must have been fitted when we were in the bar } so could not spot my tent.

what really baffled me was I had lined up my tent to the last shower unit so I thought all I had to do was stick to that line and I would find it

## Unknowing to me ' they had brought in a extra shower unit ' so that screwed up my alignment !!! ##

I was on my way to production to get them to cut the Floodlights when I ran into another Organiser who I knew was camping near me so I walked back with him.

its only when it was daylight when I spotted the extra shower unit.

so next year may fix a strobe to my tent.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

We were using a new Crew site - we arrived on the Tuesday had a drink in the crew bar but I kept bumping into people so did not leave until after 3am -

All my Team was camping beside each other and the one nearest the path had a very distinctive tent and just to make certain I had switched on my UFO Camping light { 28 LED's } which was hanging inside the tent so my tent could be spotted in the dark from a distance - walked back to discover the area was Floodlight { they had not been there before so must have been fitted when we were in the bar } so could not spot my tent.

what really baffled me was I had lined up my tent to the last shower unit so I thought all I had to do was stick to that line and I would find it

## Unknowing to me ' they had brought in a extra shower unit ' so that screwed up my alignment !!! ##

I was on my way to production to get them to cut the Floodlights when I ran into another Organiser who I knew was camping near me so I walked back with him.

I seem to have what three words on my phone which my daughter and other people have recommended to me which will  pinpoint your tent to within a certain select area.

8 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

I seem to have what three words on my phone which my daughter and other people have recommended to me which will  pinpoint your tent to within a certain select area.

Well - that would be a good idea - except ' some idiot set up the Production
Crew WI-FI but wrote down the wrong password ' { he had buggered off to another event } all weekend people played about with the password but no one got in Including a Network Controller { who is a expert on WI-FI }- if I owned a 5G phone I would be laughing { they had excellent reception } but my 4G phone { with Three } only ever connected very late at night { and even that connection was very sloooow } - 100% it was that unexpected extra shower unit that screwed me up + the fact that some people pitched their tents on the ' clearway path ' when we were at the bar and that hid my team mates very distinctive tent + it did not help because it was a new Crew site - its split in two so there was loads of room for tents in section 2 so there was no need for anyone to camp on the clearway path of section 1 - anyway if I ever get a  5G phone I will bung on ' What3words ' thanks.

16 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Invest in a 5ft wide disco mirror ball that we powered up in the east cv fields. Could clearly see it from the stone circle!

8 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Wow    And why wouldn't you invest in such a thing

Exactly, I actually got two of these sparkly beasts from a local bootfair a few years back for a bargain price of £100 for the pair. Had a Google and they trade around £1200 each. Took one to 2019, gorilla glued/velcroed it to a shop mannequin revolving base, powered it up with two leisure batteries and Bob was your strutting Uncle Funkmaster! 

Sadly I've since sold them to a wedding reception company.

Edited by Cooter

41 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Exactly, I actually got two of these sparkly beasts from a local bootfair a few years back for a bargain price of £100 for the pair. Had a Google and they trade around £1200 each. Took one to 2019, gorilla glued/velcroed it to a shop mannequin revolving base, powered it up with two leisure batteries and Bob was your strutting Uncle Funkmaster! 

Sadly I've since sold them to a wedding reception company.

OMG

4 minutes ago, airwaves said:

The first time I called in Pennards, in the middle, probably 2000 or 2002, the first night I went back to my tent at around 1/1.30am it took me 3 hours to find my tent!!! 

I fixed lights to the tent at every festival after that

My worst F Nightmare. Was it a Blue tent by any chance !!!!!!!.