Download 2024

FeverDream

43 minutes ago, NotLee said:

They banned me on DLF for obvious jokes that were in no way harmful (I said that Creed fans were worse than rapists, racists and murderers. However true that may be it was framed as a joke!!!) So I had to take refuge here on the lovely eFestival forums. If I weren't banned I wouldn't have said anything haha

Fair enough! I must have missed that! 

on another subject, do you know any more about my chemical romances plans? I know you said they have had a new album finished for a while. 

36 minutes ago, Keese46uk said:

Fair enough! I must have missed that! 

on another subject, do you know any more about my chemical romances plans? I know you said they have had a new album finished for a while. 

Last I heard was end of year tour, but everything gone quiet with them to the point it feels like it's been postponed. Maybe Gérard is concentrating on Umbrella Academy before the tour and album

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotLee said:

They banned me on DLF for obvious jokes that were in no way harmful (I said that Creed fans were worse than rapists, racists and murderers. However true that may be it was framed as a joke!!!) So I had to take refuge here on the lovely eFestival forums. If I weren't banned I wouldn't have said anything haha

In fairness, I'd expect you to get banned for that without even saying  racists and murderers as well, framed as a joke or not. You would be on here.

1 hour ago, NotLee said:

Last I heard was end of year tour, but everything gone quiet with them to the point it feels like it's been postponed. Maybe Gérard is concentrating on Umbrella Academy before the tour and album

Ahh right. Hopefully they haven’t decided to split  up again lol 

have you heard anything about other Download subs? 

Edited by Keese46uk

On 7/18/2023 at 6:05 PM, SweetJesus said:

from festileaks forum:

"Spicy rumor has it, at least there are tongues loose, that Rammstein has already been booked for Download UK 2024..."

Booking Rammstein in 2024. Don’t think any festival booker would (and should) bother with that dumpster fire. 

3 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Booking Rammstein in 2024. Don’t think any festival booker would (and should) bother with that dumpster fire. 

Been booked for ages. When it comes to allegations of sexual assault it is fairly simple for a festival to drop a small time act for it like half the pop punk scene as they don't have enough backing to fund a litigation battle except in the 2000 Trees case. Rammstein on the other hand very easily could tear apart any festival that drops them for it and the band are found to be not guilty.

Not saying it is right or wrong, but festivals find themselves in a very sticky situation regarding this, but it would not surprise me if they are already thinking about a replacement if it is found to have more substance / evidence to it.

I still can’t help thinking how lazy and uninspiring Maiden again after only 2 years is. 

This year felt like the festival was starting to move into a new Phase and we might see another band bumped up to headlining. Do you think it will be a busy year @NotLeeor maybe just busier with the Maiden day tickets? After this year, I wouldn’t mind it being quieter because it was crazy busy. 

19 minutes ago, Keese46uk said:

I still can’t help thinking how lazy and uninspiring Maiden again after only 2 years is. 

This year felt like the festival was starting to move into a new Phase and we might see another band bumped up to headlining. Do you think it will be a busy year @NotLeeor maybe just busier with the Maiden day tickets? After this year, I wouldn’t mind it being quieter because it was crazy busy. 

It will be busy. A very fine year for them and maybe even better than you would normally get with this set of headliners with how much of a success this year was (aside from the trouble getting in). People having a good time this year I wouldn't be surprised if the early bird sales have been their best ever.

People are saying it felt 2023 was a turn around in terms of booking new artists but I'd disagree. BMTH being bumped was a great thing but it was still big time repeats of Metallica and Slipknot beside them and the undercard, although a lot less old bands involved, was still repeat city too with very little to shout about in terms of new and exciting acts performing. I'm banking on a decent undercard mainly from acts that never played this year that will hopefully take up the slots this year like Gojira, Mastodon, Limp Bizkit etc.

I got a ticket early as I knew the headliners and Rammstein were my favourite live band ever so I'd go wherever they went. Unfortunately I don't have social media and stuff so the news of Till completely passed me by. I'd probably not have bought a ticket had I known as I love Avenged but have seen Maiden too many times

1 hour ago, NotLee said:

Is this Lennytee, the guy who was outted as a stalker?

Wtf you on about? You are a grade A tit who thinks they are the big man because you have so called 'inside' info on Download. You have been called out by numerous people on the Download forum for been a c unit, yet all you do is bitch and moan to the admins once someone questions you. It took a while but at least Hev and Trish have seen what a poisonous pos you are.

Anyway these Alestorm and Skillet 'nonce' allegations? Have you got any further with evidence?

30 minutes ago, Zampa said:

Wtf you on about? You are a grade A tit who thinks they are the big man because you have so called 'inside' info on Download. You have been called out by numerous people on the Download forum for been a c unit, yet all you do is bitch and moan to the admins once someone questions you. It took a while but at least Hev and Trish have seen what a poisonous pos you are.

Anyway these Alestorm and Skillet 'nonce' allegations? Have you got any further with evidence?

Yup, it's him. Don't ever say anything disagreeing with him as he will follow every post you do and start trying to email your personal email, try adding you on social media (I don't have it anymore) and other weird stuff. Avoid him and probably say best to block.

I also love the so called inside info thing people say. Like its fake info from a market stall

1 hour ago, NotLee said:

It will be busy. A very fine year for them and maybe even better than you would normally get with this set of headliners with how much of a success this year was (aside from the trouble getting in). People having a good time this year I wouldn't be surprised if the early bird sales have been their best ever.

People are saying it felt 2023 was a turn around in terms of booking new artists but I'd disagree. BMTH being bumped was a great thing but it was still big time repeats of Metallica and Slipknot beside them and the undercard, although a lot less old bands involved, was still repeat city too with very little to shout about in terms of new and exciting acts performing. I'm banking on a decent undercard mainly from acts that never played this year that will hopefully take up the slots this year like Gojira, Mastodon, Limp Bizkit etc.

I got a ticket early as I knew the headliners and Rammstein were my favourite live band ever so I'd go wherever they went. Unfortunately I don't have social media and stuff so the news of Till completely passed me by. I'd probably not have bought a ticket had I known as I love Avenged but have seen Maiden too many times

I think it will be as busy as any other Download but I don’t think it will be like this year. Don’t think there will be extra camp sites opened etc

Metallica hadn’t played in over 10 years and with their 2 days of no repeats, that would have brought in a lot. BMTH as well finally getting headliner status after their widely publicised Reading/Leeds amazing set and also Slipknot always bring a crowd and it had been a good few years. 

I’m a big fan of Rammstein too and that will get the regular fans going but with them doing 2 U.K stadium tours in the last couple of years (ignoring Covid) and Maiden playing 2 years ago and U.K tour this year, where they will be doing the same show next year, it just isn’t that attractive to regular punters. Also even though Avenged haven’t played in a very long time, I don’t know what their appeal is like now especially after the latest album. 

I think we’ll just be down to standard numbers again, nothing like it was when the headliners pulled out but I don’t think it’ll be like this year. Day tickets will sell well for hardcore Maiden fans 

2 minutes ago, Keese46uk said:

I think it will be as busy as any other Download but I don’t think it will be like this year. Don’t think there will be extra camp sites opened etc

It won't be anything like this year, but I envision it to still be healthier than your average year at Download mainly for how good this year was

6 minutes ago, NotLee said:

It won't be anything like this year, but I envision it to still be healthier than your average year at Download mainly for how good this year was

Yeah, you do generally get a lot of people buying straight away after the buzz if they’ve had a good time. 

early bird was so popular for this year, that they had to stop selling them on 15th July and put an increased cost version out.