Waterboys 'Glastonbury Fayre' brand new song

Watergirl

The Waterboys have rush released a brand new song ahead of their Acoustic headline slot next week. It is lovely: "I'm going back to Worthy Farm, with a guitar under my arm..."

It describes the band's history with the festival.

I genuinely still change my mind daily about the McCartney versus Waterboys dilemma.... Worse than U2 up against Primal Scream 'Screamadelica'.

5 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

The Waterboys have rush released a brand new song ahead of their Acoustic headline slot next week. It is lovely: "I'm going back to Worthy Farm, with a guitar under my arm..."

It describes the band's history with the festival.

I genuinely still change my mind daily about the McCartney versus Waterboys dilemma.... Worse than U2 up against Primal Scream 'Screamadelica'.

It’s a horrible clash! Seen them this year and seeing them again in August so Macca wins this time, They’ll be as amazing as always!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

No, I went for Paul McCartney.  Changed my mind twice more on the day itself....

Had a bad morning coming off a night shift, and felt sorry for myself. I decided that what would make me feel better was the prospect of seeing Richard Thompson and the Waterboys that evening.  But then a friend alerted me that Richard Thompson had cancelled, so my double bill was suddenly halved. Changed my mind for the last time and headed to the Pyramid to see Noel and Paul - and Bruce!!  The only artist I am a bigger fan of than the Waterboys is Bruce Springsteen, so I was so glad I was there.

But the Waterboys are great and glad to hear they were your highlight @Yassmin.  In a further twist I ended up seeing them last night. Somehow I had it in my mind that their Dublin show was on Monday, when I would still be travelling back from Glastonbury. Turned out to be Tuesday, and there were still tickets left, so I saw them in Liberty Hall in Dublin last night. It was a duo show with just Mike Scott and Brother Paul. It was very different - but great.