Anyone going to Sticklinch from West Country (nr Bristol) and no I don't need a lift...

clarkete

I know it's still 86 days away (according to the T minus thread) but thought I should work out what I'll be doing and what I'll be taking, some of which would be determined if anyone was coming in a vehicle with a bit of space.

We're in our 50s and will be coming by coach, so the lighter our journey across the site the better.

So we'll have tents already set up and the very least well need is some sort of mat/airbed, sleeping bag and a bag each. 

The last decade and a half we've been in a van so have used a fridge and stuffed with cans of beer or G&T, so clearly that aspect is being ditched straight off.

Obviously we could carry it, but people say it doesn't hurt to ask and if anyone was coming in a vehicle that could take any items I'd be more than grateful and delighted to return the favour in terms of a round or 3 or whatever you want that takes your fancy.

On 3/29/2022 at 4:14 PM, clarkete said:

I know it's still 86 days away (according to the T minus thread) but thought I should work out what I'll be doing and what I'll be taking, some of which would be determined if anyone was coming in a vehicle with a bit of space.

We're in our 50s and will be coming by coach, so the lighter our journey across the site the better.

So we'll have tents already set up and the very least well need is some sort of mat/airbed, sleeping bag and a bag each. 

The last decade and a half we've been in a van so have used a fridge and stuffed with cans of beer or G&T, so clearly that aspect is being ditched straight off.

Obviously we could carry it, but people say it doesn't hurt to ask and if anyone was coming in a vehicle that could take any items I'd be more than grateful and delighted to return the favour in terms of a round or 3 or whatever you want that takes your fancy.

Do you have to get the coach? I’m going to drive down in my van and hope that the walk from the tent to my fridge full of cold beer is a manageable distance. As Sticklinch is only 2 fields then it shouldn’t be far.

46 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Do you have to get the coach? I’m going to drive down in my van and hope that the walk from the tent to my fridge full of cold beer is a manageable distance. As Sticklinch is only 2 fields then it shouldn’t be far.

Thanks @t0paz.  Indeed we do.  Having had such a long record of success and having (whether rightly or not) perceived in the past that we were more fortunate in some cases because we also went for coach that was the option we went for and because it's a See coach you need to travel on it to be issued with your tickets. 

There are some tales in here of folks who've gone to the box office and collected them, but I think sometimes they have to have a sufficiently believable tale and be prepared to trudge for a bit and perhaps wait for quite some time.

Edited by clarkete

10 hours ago, t0paz said:

@t0paz I'm sorry I forgot to ask, which field is 2 fields away from Sticklinch? 

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

@t0paz I'm sorry I forgot to ask, which field is 2 fields away from Sticklinch? 

West camper vans used to be W60 and W61. This shows that Sticklinch is W61 so I assume (I’m sure I’ve read it somewhere too) that W60

is Sticklinch parking. So the walk can’t be too far.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-booking-info/

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

West camper vans used to be W60 and W61. This shows that Sticklinch is W61 so I assume (I’m sure I’ve read it somewhere too) that W60

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-booking-info/

Are you parking in the Sticklinch car park this? 

If so I too gather that's expected to be a short walk

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

Music to my ears thanks!

2 hours ago, t0paz said:

I think it may be the reverse of that? 

61 parking and 60 camping in terms of the old map? 

Webmap-2019-v4-1.jpg