Toilet

richard10012

On 3/24/2022 at 12:03 AM, sedra said:

There are no more flushing toilets on main site - it’s either the long drops which are open roofed or compost toilets. No portaloos except in campervan fields. There are also both male urinals and female shee pees.  To be honest if they have recently been cleaned which they are more frequently nowadays then they are fine. If you try and go just after a main band has played they will be gross and a long queue. Best tip is if you are passing a loo just been cleaned or no/short queue then take the opportunity! Have tissues /bio degradable wipes handy if case it needs a tidy up😀 Top tip -get a small empty hand sanitizer bottle and fill with liquid hand soap so you can wash hands with soap and water afterwards. 

I have definitely got used to carrying the wet wipes (biodegradable) and pocket tissues to give it a ‘bit of a tidy up’ if needed. I usually leave them better than I found them! The people who mess it up for everyone are those who hover, because they tend to wee (or even shit) all over the seat. Give it a wipe and sit down. The very worst people are those that line the seat with toilet paper and leave it there, all soggy - please don’t be that person.

People dislike that in the long drops you can look down to see what literally EVERYONE else has done, but at least it is some distance down. When the portaloos clog up, the situation in terms of other people’s doings is far more grim. The rooflessness of the long drops is also a distinct advantage over portaloos in terms of the smell.

4 hours ago, amfy said:

The people who mess it up for everyone are those who hover, because they tend to wee (or even shit) all over the seat. Give it a wipe and sit down.

This.  I tend to want to strangle the hoverers.  They are often so proud of declaring they have done so too... "oh the toilets are fine as long as you hover..." Sure,you are fine, but you've just fucked up that toilet for everyone else.  No one wants your piss and shit on their ass.  It's disgusting!