news & politics:discussion

zahidf

38 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

You need to check your sources. The evidence is emerging that Hamas are using car bombs on the evacuation routes and blaming the attack on Israel. 

Hamas don’t care about the Palestinian people. They’re just pawns in their crusade against non Muslims. 

so much accusations and bullshit flying round on social media hard to know what's true...so people just ending up believing what they want to believe.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

thing is, maybe we'll never know. 

The BBC verify people have looked into it, no conclusion yet. Then again it's BBC so can't be trusted etc.

yeah indeed just need to be carefull on assumption here in all directions and im guilty of that 

12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah indeed just need to be carefull on assumption here in all directions and im guilty of that 

people have taken a position and then pick their 'evidence' to support it.

i had an offer for efestivals from an Israeli company would have made life interesting around now if i'd gone with it, didn't go with it cos i had a better offer and cos i didn't like the terms of that Israeli offer - they could have reversed the sale for up-to 2 years after, no good for me who wanted out.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

In that post above is anyone getting lIterally all of that BBC verify blokes tweets embedded? It didn't on Firefox on windows but does on Chrome on my phone. Sorry about that... can't edit it now!

They all show up for me. Also very interesting/scary.

28 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

In that post above is anyone getting lIterally all of that BBC verify blokes tweets embedded? It didn't on Firefox on windows but does on Chrome on my phone. Sorry about that... can't edit it now!

Was a long scroll on my phone … how do we embed tweets now ? I’ve lost the plot on how to 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Or they aren’t ready to go …. Let’s hope you are right 

Apparently they are ready, but are waiting for the say so from the top. Surely the pressure for restraint will be building, not just for the sake of Gazans, but what it means for Israel and the region. If Hamas could release the hostages that would make peace a lot easier to reach.

Owen Jones accusing Starmer of racism, I thought he wanted a labour government? I have noticed since Corbyn his output  has really deteriorated and he just looks like someone after likes and retweets. In comparison I think there is more interesting output from the likes of Bastani and Sarkar at Novara, even if you don’t always agree with them they can make a decent intellectual argument.

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Owen Jones accusing Starmer of racism, I thought he wanted a labour government? I have noticed since Corbyn his output  has really deteriorated and he just looks like someone after likes and retweets. In comparison I think there is more interesting output from the likes of Bastani and Sarkar at Novara, even if you don’t always agree with them they can make a decent intellectual argument.

He never managed to called Corbyn racist even when he was racist.

15 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Owen Jones is very strange, I don’t know why he doesn’t leave the party.