The 2019 Exit Thread

litmus

We ended up sat in E car parks for 3 hours, for no apparent reason. 

Got into the car in E5 at 11.10, drove 20 metres to join a queue at the end of the field where we sat for 10 minutes. We were then turned around to drive 20 metres into E6 and the end of the queue headed for the other end of the car parks. 

After sitting there for 2 hours 30 minutes we were turned around again to do a lap of a hedge and return to our original position in E5. Ten minutes later we suddenly started rolling through into E4 and straight out to the road with no stops, other than to merge with CV traffic. 

Bizarre that there appeared to be no apparent reason why it had been so busy. One marshal did tell us both E car park entrances were completely blocked at 11.30am, but didn't know why. 

We were then routed north away from the site, through Shepton and eventually Cheddar, when we wanted to head south. 

Eventually home just after 6pm, so nearly a 7 hour trip. 

In 2017 it took us 90 minutes, although we did leave at 1am on Monday morning from WV that time. Definitely WV for us next year, if only for the car parking.  

National Express bus in the morning followed by waiting around Bristol all day before a delayed flight to Edinburgh.I did manage to break the time up by having a shower at the Ibis hotel near Tenple Meads, a great idea! Got home at at 10pm after leaving the festival at half nine. 

I'm used to being back home by about 12pm on the Monday so I've paid for it over the last two days to say the least. 

Edited by andyhh