The 2019 Exit Thread

litmus

East sounds awful, we left about 8.30 (from E20 CV field) and had a short queue but nothing too bad and there are plenty of stewards around at that time. 

We've always tried to get up and our early after spending about 8 hours in a queue in one of the East car parks in 2000.

Hope you're all moving soon!

Made it to east 14 now. Slow movement. Absolute bellend came along and cut us up in the queue. Threatening to run over the stewards so he's been made to reverse and let us out. Fucking shit that you have that level of self entitlement when people have flights to catch and kids in the queues. 

Got up at 9 for a cuppa and a smoke, packed tent up at 10, had the car packed by 10:45 and straight out of yellow car parks onto clear roads (back route) and back in the midlands for 2.

Easiest journey offsite ever for me.  Couldn't fault it.

3 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Are the CV queues normally this bad to get out of? For some reason had it in me head that I should give it till noon then could roll out. 

I'd always thought the same as well so left packing up and being ready till midday. Still waiting to get out but on the lanes now in stop start. 

11 minutes ago, carlosj said:

It's been easy in the past, about an hour to get out, from 8am ish. No idea on why it's like this at this time though,even with all the traffic.

Where are you now Carol? Got a new Marshall and made a huge difference. We're passing houses now. ☺️

Got into the shuttle queues about 6:30 but I wasn’t actually stepping onto Castle Cary platform until about 9:15. 

Not as bad as I’m sure it was for some, but in future I think I’ll probably just commit to getting up even earlier, even if that means trying to join the queue at 4am. It’s excruciating having to stand still for so long when you’re just gagging for a leisurely shit and a bath. 

14 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

How long since you were packed and ready till now?

We got from where we were camped and into the queue at 12.55 in east 18. Took about half an hour to get into the queue cos no one would let us in so had to get out of the car and wave himself in. Lot's of people getting trying to cut the queue and drive to the front. 

7 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

We got from where we were camped and into the queue at 12.55 in east 18. Took about half an hour to get into the queue cos no one would let us in so had to get out of the car and wave himself in. Lot's of people getting trying to cut the queue and drive to the front. 

Wow