Campsite??

Verminkt

Two years ago I went to Glasto for the first time and I camped up the hill behind the John Peel Stage. It had a nice view and was pretty quiet. Now in 2017, I hardly saw anything of Shangri-La or other 'party-area's' because the people I went with turned out to got to bed straight after the headliners.

This year I am going with my brother and besides exploring the festivalsite and seeing some great bands; we also want to spent a lot of time at Arcadia, Shangri-La, Glade etc. So we are trying to figure out what the best option is for us camping. We arrive at the coach entrance at about 1 o clock p.m. on wednesday. We don't want to stay at a campsite that is super loud, but really quiet is not necessary either. And is dragging your suitcase across the site worth it? 

Edited by Verminkt

25 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

... we also want to spent a lot of time at Arcadia, Shangri-La, Glade etc. So we are trying to figure out what the best option is for us camping. We arrive at the coach entrance at about 1 o clock p.m. on wednesday.  ...

I think your options are limited by 1300 on Wed.  I would guess that Pennard Hill would be a fair bet for your specification, but it will be full by the time you arrive (unless you have a very small tent, and are able to ignore people "tutting" when you slot into a small space not really meant for a tent).  Park Home Ground or Oxlyers would also suit the spec (for Glade, Arcadia at least) but will also likely be full.

I think trying for somewhere in Paines Ground is your best bet. 

On 5/9/2019 at 1:32 PM, Verminkt said:

Two years ago I went to Glasto for the first time and I camped up the hill behind the John Peel Stage. It had a nice view and was pretty quiet. Now in 2017, I hardly saw anything of Shangri-La or other 'party-area's' because the people I went with turned out to got to bed straight after the headliners.

This year I am going with my brother and besides exploring the festivalsite and seeing some great bands; we also want to spent a lot of time at Arcadia, Shangri-La, Glade etc. So we are trying to figure out what the best option is for us camping. We arrive at the coach entrance at about 1 o clock p.m. on wednesday. We don't want to stay at a campsite that is super loud, but really quiet is not necessary either. And is dragging your suitcase across the site worth it? 

Just remember that if you drag your suitcase - suitcase, really?? - across the site on Wed then you'll have to drag it back again on Mon morning.

Dont mention suitcases! A Glasto virgin that came with us in the muddy 2016 year brought a 30kg tent airbed combo in a suitcase!! It wasnt pretty getting to the campsite. 

With 1 small tent you can probably squeeze in somewhere. Pennards (if lucky) Park Home, Dairy (or is it Paines Ground) all good bets but even South Park and around there is a bit further but still doable