Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

7 minutes ago, Pognose said:

Have they give the blokes who build the stages an extra day off this year? Fair play if the went for quality over quantity, but they've managed neither.

Thank god I like getting shitfaced and sitting in the sunshine.

Exactly, the positive is there’s always the fallback option of getting shitfaced in the sun.

Anyone else think all these “exclusive” headliners cost well over the odds? Lana and KoL only dates in Spain...the Spanish band only playing their first album. I mean, is anyone even arsed about it? I won’t e coming home to brag to my mates about I saw kings of Leon in their only Spanish festival appearance....just a theory, could be/most likely is bollocks but it’s the only thing I can think of budget wise that explains it 

Just now, TipToes24 said:

Anyone else think all these “exclusive” headliners cost well over the odds? Lana and KoL only dates in Spain...the Spanish band only playing their first album. I mean, is anyone even arsed about it? I won’t e coming home to brag to my mates about I saw kings of Leon in their only Spanish festival appearance....just a theory, could be/most likely is bollocks but it’s the only thing I can think of budget wise that explains it 

I actually think the same. I doubt the 1975 would’ve been cheap either, considering they’re headlining R&L. Ezra would’ve probably cost a fair bit as well. I do think they’ve spent a decent bit, they’ve just not spent it very wisely.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

I actually think the same. I doubt the 1975 would’ve been cheap either, considering they’re headlining R&L. Ezra would’ve probably cost a fair bit as well. I do think they’ve spent a decent bit, they’ve just not spent it very wisely.

Oh yeah they’ve spent a lot and it’s backfired spectacularly, I mean Lana seems to have a lot of hype from people so I think she’s not done too bad for them but they’ve hardly pushed kings of Leon...mind you they’ve not released anything in about 3 years so i suppose that a tough task 

9 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Just another thought, could this be them easing the Thursday out? Making it a 3 day festival next year? Either that or they’ve just genuinely made an arse of it.

I said this to the group I’m going with, I don’t see why they even bothered with the first day this year, let’s face it, mainstage only has 6 hours of music, that’s if everyone has an hours slot. I think fat boy will get 1.5 hours and that marina and bronson just over an hour? But realistically they should of scrapped the Thursday and spread them out across the weekend. Just seems like they ran out of money after the third announcement and they’ve just scraped what they can. One things for sure though, early bird tickets for next year will at an all time low after this year’s fiasco.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, benicassim2019news said:

so me and a friend arrive in Barcelona on the 19:30 the last train is at 19:35 so that aint happening no coaches or trains until 7 am what do people suggest?? could rent a car taxis are too much, party in barcelona until the 6 am train?? LOL

Cheap ass hotel so you can get some sleep or ditch your stuff then go hit the bars and clubs. Start your week as your mean to go on. Lol.

1 hour ago, benicassim2019news said:

so me and a friend arrive in Barcelona on the 19:30 the last train is at 19:35 so that aint happening no coaches or trains until 7 am what do people suggest?? could rent a car taxis are too much, party in barcelona until the 6 am train?? LOL

Get the train from the airport to Barcelona Sants, stay in the Expo hotel outside sants, head down the next day. That’s what we do, hotels decent for the money, rooftop bar as well with decent views.

With the set lists being the only thing left to come out. Is there any clashes anyone’s dreading or acts who will get a bum deal like catfish did last year being put on so early! For me I think either Gerry or the hunna will get shafted on the Friday.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:11 PM, TipToes24 said:

With the set lists being the only thing left to come out. Is there any clashes anyone’s dreading or acts who will get a bum deal like catfish did last year being put on so early! For me I think either Gerry or the hunna will get shafted on the Friday.

Someone's done a Clashfinder here - lots of TBA's!!!  I think they need to remove a stage.  As always, this far in advance take with a pinch of salt, and wait until a bit nearer the time; https://clashfinder.com/s/fib19/  

P.s. how depressing does it look, and how shit is Thu & Sun!!!

Edited by andytommo

21 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Someone's done a Clashfinder here - lots of TBA's!!!  I think they need to remove a stage.  As always, this far in advance take with a pinch of salt, and wait until a bit nearer the time; https://clashfinder.com/s/fib19/  

Jess Glynne's busy...

7 hours ago, andytommo said:

Took with a pinch of salt but hard to see where they will be far wrong with that! For me Sunday mainstage looks a lot worse than Thursday when written down! Death of a festival right there

I am really really struggling to get excited about this festival. Please can somebody point me in the direction of something that is worth actually turning up for? Currently only really interested in seeing FBS, FF and GC. Any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

I am really really struggling to get excited about this festival. Please can somebody point me in the direction of something that is worth actually turning up for? Currently only really interested in seeing FBS, FF and GC. Any suggestions?

Sea girls have some big tunes, never seen them live but imagine they'll be up there. Kol if it's your thing are always a strong act. Heard blinders are pretty interesting but can't say it's my thing 

4 minutes ago, Differ16 said:

Sea girls have some big tunes, never seen them live but imagine they'll be up there. Kol if it's your thing are always a strong act. Heard blinders are pretty interesting but can't say it's my thing 

Nice one pal. 

32 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Gorgon city (live) and Bakermat are goo editions I think. There’s also some good DJs across the weekend like CC:DISCO, OR:LA, Cassius, Cora novoa and dj Seinfeld to name a few, they all have some funky sets in YouTube. Band wise though it is fucking bone dry! Only hidden gem I’ve found are sea girls. But I don’t think you’re the only one struggling to get excited, it seems a common theme.

10 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Gorgon city (live) and Bakermat are goo editions I think. There’s also some good DJs across the weekend like CC:DISCO, OR:LA, Cassius, Cora novoa and dj Seinfeld to name a few, they all have some funky sets in YouTube. Band wise though it is fucking bone dry! Only hidden gem I’ve found are sea girls. But I don’t think you’re the only one struggling to get excited, it seems a common theme.

Nice one. I am thinking that DJs/South Beach is the way to go! 

The benicassim fans page on twitter have tweeted about a press conference that management so on the 20/7. I’ve never really took notice of these as I’ve always been happy with line ups and such but this year will be interesting. Does anyone know how brutal these conferences can be? If fans are allowed in or if it’s only press? And where the full details what was said will be released after? Just think it could be brutal for them and it’s a shot of getting answers so I hope they get pushed about the subjects like the budget and let down That is the line up after all the build up and the hype they created.

3 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

The benicassim fans page on twitter have tweeted about a press conference that management so on the 20/7. I’ve never really took notice of these as I’ve always been happy with line ups and such but this year will be interesting. Does anyone know how brutal these conferences can be? If fans are allowed in or if it’s only press? And where the full details what was said will be released after? Just think it could be brutal for them and it’s a shot of getting answers so I hope they get pushed about the subjects like the budget and let down That is the line up after all the build up and the hype they created.

I’m guessing it’s spanish press only, would be a great laugh on the Saturday afternoon if they let anyone in right enough.

I watched the IOW Festival over the weekend and FBS looked great.  Looking at the Line up at Benni I don’t think Benni is that much different to IOW or Trnsmt, not that they are looking great.

Tip Toes, Sea horses Hunna are looking good. Gerry Cinnamon should be great as should most the acts on Saturday. Still not sure about the Friday and the Sunday. When is the times announced as I hope Gerry gets a decent slot.

20 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

I watched the IOW Festival over the weekend and FBS looked great.  Looking at the Line up at Benni I don’t think Benni is that much different to IOW or Trnsmt, not that they are looking great.

Tip Toes, Sea horses Hunna are looking good. Gerry Cinnamon should be great as should most the acts on Saturday. Still not sure about the Friday and the Sunday. When is the times announced as I hope Gerry gets a decent slot.

Set times should be about 2 weeks away, they’re usually 2 weeks before the festival but I’m looking forward to Gerry a lot. I just hope he doesn’t get a dud deal with his set time as he deserves a night time gig when the place is packed. They’ve promoted him a lot so I hope they aren’t a dick to him!