IOW Ferries

cayti

1 hour ago, cayti said:

I'm looking at ferries to get to/from the festival and they're coming up at over £200 return, which seems extortionate.  Am I missing something?!

Probably not - they know how to cash-in when it's going to be particularly busy (islanders get cheap travel still, somehow).

It's worth checking all of the possible departure points to the island, as some are cheaper than others.

13 minutes ago, cayti said:

Thanks.  I assumed that was the answer but it's putting me off going.  The websites are painstaking too having to look at the different companies,  departure points and alternatives individually!

if you're able to travel outside of the festival peak times it'll be much cheaper. I got the ferry to Bestival one year on the Saturday, and it was (comparative) peanuts.

The IOW ferris are the most expensive ferries in the world, and then of course they cash in for the Festival by putting them up even more, they do cheaper early bird tickets when the festival first goes on sale, but that’s long gone.

Last year I paid£245 to get my Motorhome to the festival, this year we are going to Kendal Calling instead, which costs less for the whole festival for 2 people and the MH than the ferry an CV  ticket for IOW.