Places to park a campervan Monday night?

czuk

Hi, I'm looking for places to stay overnight in a VW T4 campervan on Monday night within say a 30 mile radius, we're coming down the M5 so north side would be better.  First thought was the carpark in Frome by Cheese and Grain but a recent thread mentioned parking restrictions at Castle Cary station and I suddently thought that maybe other places will have parking restrictions as well.  Does anyone local to Frome know of any? TIA

Probably better off with a layby than car park, most car parks have overnight restrictions for live in vehicles, bit of a downer to wake up to a ticket on your windscreen or fine on your doormat when you get home.

pick one with trucks in it, that way you know it's not dodgy.

there is a truck stop on the Shepton mallet road from frome, no idea how much it is or if they allow campers

Edited by Smeble

4 minutes ago, czuk said:

Probably should have posted the link to the council website http://www.mendip.gov.uk/article/4804/Cattle-Market-Car-Park says Motorhomes and overnight HGV allowed.

Ah well there you go then, the truck stop I'm thinking of is nunney catch and is £5 and has a cafe on site.

i guess the cattle market would be your best bet as it's close to pubs, doubt there would be any Glastonbury related restrictions and they would be listed on the website

The Old Market Road car park in Shepton Mallet allows overnight parking and is free. 

Shepton is directly on route from Bristol to festival, Frome is 13 miles East off route.

Cafe and loos close by and only a 10 minute onward drive to Pilton. 

Edited by Shepton