Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

1 hour ago, gedkelly said:

apparently for the first year there will be shuttles from Oropesa to the fest doors ! in recent years getting home as been an arse the queue for cabs on the return journey especially if you leave with the masses post headliner can be awful . we usually get cabs in , get a local barman to order one for you . there are service buses and trains into Beni from Oropesa so really its for you to choose . I was looking at the Beni organised shuttle but have been advised that eufest are a good option . I suppose I have posed more question than answers with this mate but if you need to know anything specific give me a shout , the Beni pages on FB are all good and if you can be arsed to trawl through them all questions will be answered .

Here here to that!

We stayed in Oropesa for FIB 2015 - for the journey to the festival we got a train from the station close by which was dirty cheap (the latest train was 7.30pm)

As Ged has said the taxi to get back home is horrendous if you leave at peak time and for me put a dampner on the amazing time we had there! So I would defo book a shuttle bus if they are available this year! 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, oxford20 said:

Here here to that!

We stayed in Oropesa for FIB 2015 - for the journey to the festival we got a train from the station close by which was dirty cheap (the latest train was 7.30pm)

As Ged has said the taxi to get back home is horrendous if you leave at peak time and for me put a dampner on the amazing time we had there! So I would defo book a shuttle bus if they are available this year! 

There is a 'regular' bus service from Beni to Oropesa as well, at 06:45hrs, for those dirty stop-outs who stay at the festival until 6am on the Sat/Sun/Mon mornings, although I've usually found it a bit easier to get a cab at that time of the morning, compared to 2am-5am rush for taxis.  http://www.autosmediterraneo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/OROPESA-INVIERNO-2016.pdf 

Long time reader, first time poster. Has anyone tried to get to Barcelona after the final headliner on Sunday? Need to check in at 6am at the airport, so hoping Kasabian arent playing Sunday night (Which it looks like they will be).

6 minutes ago, Mancub said:

Long time reader, first time poster. Has anyone tried to get to Barcelona after the final headliner on Sunday? Need to check in at 6am at the airport, so hoping Kasabian arent playing Sunday night (Which it looks like they will be).

sounds like ya buggered mate

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

Who's coming in the next wave then? 

London Grammar? Elbow? Manic Street Preacher? Wilkinson? Glass Animals? Temples? Gorgon City? The Orwells?

Any other possibilities....................???

Any chance of The Kooks? They've just released a best of and would fit in the lacking 'nostalgia' category.

23 hours ago, gedkelly said:

apparently for the first year there will be shuttles from Oropesa to the fest doors ! in recent years getting home as been an arse the queue for cabs on the return journey especially if you leave with the masses post headliner can be awful . we usually get cabs in , get a local barman to order one for you . there are service buses and trains into Beni from Oropesa so really its for you to choose . I was looking at the Beni organised shuttle but have been advised that eufest are a good option . I suppose I have posed more question than answers with this mate but if you need to know anything specific give me a shout , the Beni pages on FB are all good and if you can be arsed to trawl through them all questions will be answered .

Thanks for that mate. Any links for booking a shuttle bus? 

22 hours ago, oxford20 said:

Here here to that!

Yeah our apartment is only 2 minutes away from the train station so the plan was to just grab a train to get there. Only kind of shuttle I have seen so far has only been available from certain hotels 

To all of you that are having trouble seen the information regarding the Official Shuttle buses from Marina Dor / Oropesa to and from the FIB gates, also information regarding the Airport transfer to and from Marina Dor, try this link  (danesp.com/fib) or send us an email at (danespfib@danesp.com) tell us where are staying and we will tell you, where is your the near bus stop - also you can go to the FIB official website (fiberfib.com/en/traslados.php)

Edited by aixa

Hi, me and 5 mates travelling from Scotland for our 1st ever Beni and 1st ever international festival, got a few questions here

Is it easy to buy booze in and around the town where we are staying?

Would you recommend the shuttle bus from hotel to festival if they are available? If so how do we go about booking, we are staying in Oropesa, so basically just a shuttle from hotel to festival if possible

What is the festival site like outwith the stages? Is there much to do outwith going to stages? 

What is food prices/drink prices in the festival like

Ive also read the festival takes place at night,if so what time does the festival usually strt at? And can u access the festival site during the day if you wanted to?

Edited by chikahoui

5 hours ago, chikahoui said:

Hi, me and 5 mates travelling from Scotland for our 1st ever Beni and 1st ever international festival, got a few questions here

Would you recommend the shuttle bus from hotel to festival if they are available? If so how do we go about booking, we are staying in Oropesa, so basically just a shuttle from hotel to festival if possible

What is the festival site like outwith the stages? Is there much to do outwith going to stages? 

Ive also read the festival takes place at night,if so what time does the festival usually strt at? And can u access the festival site during the day if you wanted to?

YES

YES , BOOK ON THE FIB WEBSITE

BOOZE EXPENSIVE , FOOD NOT

STARS 7.30ish AND NO ,

7 hours ago, chikahoui said:

There is a Lidl that sell vodka at 5 euro a bottle and if I remmember correctly I paid about 5 euro for a 12 pack of Amstel !

i never used the Shuttles but the return is getting harder and herder each year so will probably give one a go this year . It's 60 euro on the FiB site , you can get the normal bus into Beni for less than 2 euro , same with the train mate .

its pay by tokens inside works out 9 euro for a litre of beer/spirit with mixer , you can get wine too which works out quite cheap 

the fest starts 7.30ish through the night for about 12hours !!!!

As far as I know there is no Fest site access until,the evenings

have a good one chaps , see you down the front 

1 hour ago, gedkelly said:

There is a Lidl that sell vodka at 5 euro a bottle and if I remmember correctly I paid about 5 euro for a 12 pack of Amstel !

i never used the Shuttles but the return is getting harder and herder each year so will probably give one a go this year . It's 60 euro on the FiB site , you can get the normal bus into Beni for less than 2 euro , same with the train mate .

its pay by tokens inside works out 9 euro for a litre of beer/spirit with mixer , you can get wine too which works out quite cheap 

Cheers mate thanks for the info! 

18 hours ago, gedkelly said:

To echo what Ged has said about drinks, the Lidl sells

- A bottle of Vodka for €4.29

- A 330ml can of San Miguel for 50c

- A litre of red wine for 59c (table wine in a carton)

For however much extra you spend getting to Beni rather than your local festival in the UK or Ireland, you certainly make it back in the price of drink!

4 hours ago, dylangraham said:

Will it be easy to get a decent camping spot if just buying the 4 day ticket? First time this year!

You get 7 days camping included (Midday Mon 10th to Midday Mon 17th, I think?) when buying the 4 day festival ticket, but those arriving on Mon will naturally get the best camping spots, which are taken on a first come first served basis. If you're just rocking up on Thursday to pitch your tent, you'll probably have missed those best spots.

3 hours ago, andytommo said:

You get 7 days camping included (Midday Mon 10th to Midday Mon 17th, I think?) when buying the 4 day festival ticket, but those arriving on Mon will naturally get the best camping spots, which are taken on a first come first served basis. If you're just rocking up on Thursday to pitch your tent, you'll probably have missed those best spots.

ahh brilliant, cheers!

11 hours ago, gregory said:

Based on last years announcements, I predict they'll announce something this Thursday, but you never know with FIB...

It could happen this week, but it could be next week, or the week after.  I wouldn't base any assumptions on the fact that something happened the same week last year, as it will all depend on contracts being signed with artists, and schedules falling into place, for the daily splits.