Camping at Pennards Hill

zheer

Hi All,

Seeking some camping location advice.

I was thinking about making a sprint to get a spot at Pennards hill this year.  Queue the night before to get in the doors within the first hour of openning sort of thing.

I did that last year to camp in lower mead. However there seemed to be alot of tents already up, even at that time.

Is there alot of camping  before the festival opens? Or are people just really that efficient. I would hate to rush to the field and find it half full already

Thanks

Camplight will already have set up their tents in Pennards by the time the gates open, so there will be areas that are already full. I stayed there last year. If you are early enough, there should still be plenty space. It was pretty full by mid afternoon on the Wednesday though.

http://www.camplight.co.uk/product-category/camplight-at-glastonbury-festival/

20 minutes ago, zheer said:

Hi All,

Seeking some camping location advice.

I was thinking about making a sprint to get a spot at Pennards hill this year.  Queue the night before to get in the doors within the first hour of openning sort of thing.

I did that last year to camp in lower mead. However there seemed to be alot of tents already up, even at that time.

Is there alot of camping  before the festival opens? Or are people just really that efficient. I would hate to rush to the field and find it half full already

Thanks

I think you should only be concerned if its full. Half full is success.

18 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

If you do camp in Pennards be sure to visit the campsite crew & say hi to Bernie the Gnome (and his cat Graham). . They'll say he's called Greg, but he's Bernie 

We always camp in Pennards. Have I missed a cat all these years?! 

Usually get in around 1pm and see all the fields filling up and panic camp at the top but last year walked down to pennards and thought it was relatively empty (considering the amount of people we had passed) 

Managed to get 12 tents in with some clever reshuffling about, will probably try the same again this year think alot of people assume it will be full.

Probably going to get in the queue around 7am though

2 hours ago, Davet84 said:

Usually get in around 1pm and see all the fields filling up and panic camp at the top but last year walked down to pennards and thought it was relatively empty (considering the amount of people we had passed) 

Managed to get 12 tents in with some clever reshuffling about, will probably try the same again this year think alot of people assume it will be full.

Probably going to get in the queue around 7am though

Seemed packed to me around that time. 
Charm x