Catfish And The Bottlemen

The life of Pablo

I'd have these lads down for Friday JP headliners based on the acts we currently have and the slots other announced acts are likely to be playing. Anyone know where the info is about them being third down Other one day?

Edit: Just realised they said the other day they don't know where they're playing until they're on the poster, so I'm not sure why their sound guy (or whoever it was who provided the 3rd down Other info) would know. They were Other Stage last year, too.

Yeah I'm gonna stick them in as Friday JP headliners. Also would be nice if at least one major stage has a headliner I don't want to see on that day.

Edited by Will-2609

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

I'd have these lads down for Friday JP headliners based on the acts we currently have and the slots other announced acts are likely to be playing. Anyone know where the info is about them being third down Other one day?

Edit: Just realised they said the other day they don't know where they're playing until they're on the poster, so I'm not sure why their sound guy (or whoever it was who provided the 3rd down Other info) would know. They were Other Stage last year, too.

Yeah I'm gonna stick them in as Friday JP headliners. Also would be nice if at least one major stage has a headliner I don't want to see on that day.

That sounds like bollocks to me, considering plenty of other bands seem to know where they are playing, and IIRC aren't the stages booked separately?

However if it is true and they don't know, they can't be JP headliners as if they were I'm sure they'd know if they were headlining a stage.

Edited by dj_tim

Saw them last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes they were indie by numbers, but is that such a bad thing. Catch tunes and a good show made for a good night. Yeah it was a younger crowd then I am used to but everyone needs to start some where. Not everyone's first album was by Radiohead.

7 minutes ago, smytho15 said:

Saw them last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes they were indie by numbers, but is that such a bad thing. Catch tunes and a good show made for a good night. Yeah it was a younger crowd then I am used to but everyone needs to start some where. Not everyone's first album was by Radiohead.

Including Radiohead's first album, to be honest.

EDIT: That doesn't really make any sense but you know what I mean

Edited by theevilfridge

1 hour ago, dj_tim said:

That sounds like bollocks to me, considering plenty of other bands seem to know where they are playing, and IIRC aren't the stages booked separately?

However if it is true and they don't know, they can't be JP headliners as if they were I'm sure they'd know if they were headlining a stage.

Tbf they migh not want to say a stage etc whereas the sound guy might not care. 3rd Other I see them, JP Friday gives me no hesitation to miss Muse, it'd be great in a small venue.

12 minutes ago, smytho15 said:

Agree with this, at least for the time being it's catchy and a good show, later on it'll probably be Van up his own arse but even last year at Glasto he looked like he was going to be a top frontman.

When they said they don't know where they're playing they meant that they don't know what festivals they're playing until it's announced. However Bondy (their guitarist) said 'I thought it was already announced' so I am pretty certain they will be there :)

On 20 May 2016 at 4:15 PM, Zac Quinn said:

"You give me problems when you are not in the mood" is literally the hook on one of their biggest songs

That's why I said "based Mainly on" and not "all on" :D