Ticket Competitions

cb4747

My groups tickets arrived but as we didn't win any competitions or secret resales we still have two very sad faces :( and their optimism has all but faded now 

not yet seen or had any info on BBC Radio competitions but it's going to be easier to win the national lottery than win national radio phone in style comps 

That Will Young of Pop Idol fame got loads of tickets :sorry: he posted pics on Twitter ..... Just makes you feel even more depressed image.jpeg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

My groups tickets arrived but as we didn't win any competitions or secret resales we still have two very sad faces :( and their optimism has all but faded now 

not yet seen or had any info on BBC Radio competitions but it's going to be easier to win the national lottery than win national radio phone in style comps 

That Will Young of Pop Idol fame got loads of tickets :sorry: he posted pics on Twitter ..... Just makes you feel even more depressed image.jpeg

It's making me so sad I haven't got tickets yet. Still hoping for a last minute win but the closer it's getting the less hope I have :( 

10 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

It's making me so sad I haven't got tickets yet. Still hoping for a last minute win but the closer it's getting the less hope I have :( 

if the weather is as bad as 'Drownload Festival yesterday, watching it from home on TV might be more pleasurable.

As much as I love Glastonbury, I don't want to experience the floods of 2005 or the non stop rain of 2007 again!! 

1 hour ago, Jennings74 said:

Almost cried when I saw all those tickets on his Twitter photo, I think it was the final nail in the "we're really not going this year, are we" coffin :( 

so so many tickets, sure he wouldn't miss one or two, would he!

1 hour ago, Jennings74 said:

if the weather is as bad as 'Drownload Festival yesterday, watching it from home on TV might be more pleasurable.

As much as I love Glastonbury, I don't want to experience the floods of 2005 or the non stop rain of 2007 again!! 

I honestly wouldn't care. I've done very bad weather at festivals and it doesn't really bother me :) just need a spare change of clothes and lots of bin bags! 

Edited by Lucy92

22 hours ago, Jamie G said:

Hey, have done Bestival many times, it's a fantastic crowd and not to big, massive hill to get out the site.... There is still a lot of messy people so if you don't mind seeing that I am sure you would have a ball. I believe Camp Bestival is more child friendly. Cheers Jamie 

Thanks Jamie. Have you taken kids to Glastonbury?

Edited by Katir

11 hours ago, Gemsie85 said:

Almost cried when I saw all those tickets on his Twitter photo, I think it was the final nail in the "we're really not going this year, are we" coffin :( 

so so many tickets, sure he wouldn't miss one or two, would he!

I think he'd notice if you had his drummers ticket or his guitarist :russian:

10 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

I honestly wouldn't care. I've done very bad weather at festivals and it doesn't really bother me :) just need a spare change of clothes and lots of bin bags! 

it didn't really bother me that much so long as it's not raining when putting up the tent or packing up on Monday morning and it's not too cold at night but it would be nice to have 5 days of a warm sunny Glastonbury for a change. 

15 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

We could all just go down to the gates and cry. Could dress in black and be mourning our hopes of getting into the festival. Cry really loudly and hope someone gets so fed up with it they let us in. 

Or start a giant conga line and just conga our way in. No one can say no to a conga line

'let us into gast-o! Let us into glast-o'

Edited by Lucy92

Back from holiday and catching up with the forum.  Sorry that no one seems to have been lucky while I was away. Do like the giant conga line idea.  May not get us in but it'd be a lot of fun trying lol.

Guess there's still a week for BBC radio comps to surface.  If not, maybe there's a reason we didn't get tickets this year.  Maybe I pissed off the Glasto Gods last year (can't think how but.....). Maybe we'll all get tickets in the first minute of the 2017 sale and have a celebratory drink on the Wednesday.

5 hours ago, cb4747 said:

We could all just go down to the gates and cry. Could dress in black and be mourning our hopes of getting into the festival. Cry really loudly and hope someone gets so fed up with it they let us in. 

Michael might have a 2010 moment again 

image.png

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

The fact it's next week is making me so sad. Cancelled my holiday at work with the note that I can re book it if I'm lucky haha 

holy moly that soon! Well if there ARE any radio comps it will be like from now but it just doesn't seem like there will  be. 

30 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Just a heads up, it was mentioned earlier this morning on 6 music that Steve Lamacq is giving away Glastonbury tickets on his show today, 16:00 - 19:00 I think.

Thank you.  I think BBC are usually the last to put the comps up but I've never really had to pay much attention to them before now.

1 minute ago, Katir said:

Afternoon. Two more failed job attempts since last here! What do you think the 6 music comp will involve???

Going against other callers, either identify the song, random guesses or a quiz type thing. I know the winner is decided at the end of the week in a final type thing. 

Edited by cb4747

13 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Going against other callers, either identify the song, random guesses or a quiz type thing. I know the winner is decided at the end of the week in a final type thing. 

Bejesus! Sounds horrific!!