Arrival time with caravan on Tuesday

halfasausage

I've been reading the GF site Campervan information page, which says this: 'In order to keep the roads clear, there will be no queuing facility prior to gates opening [at noon]. Any vehicles arriving before noon will be turned away.' I don't know if that last sentence is new, as we've arrived much earlier than that in previous years and been let in. Can anyone shed any light? I wouldn't want to get there early and get turned away with the caravan.

We've always arrived on the local roads at around midday and not really noticed any queues building up. I remember when we first took the caravan in 2013 I read somewhere that we shouldn't turn up until midday so we didn't. There's always been plenty of space. I think if you arrive on the Thursday though, that's when you risk being pitched in one of the far off fields. 

They will possibly prevent people who are in campervans or towing a caravan turning off the main roads into the side roads. I would hate to have to turn round with a caravan on a narrow road and for me it is no longer worth the risk!! Was great whilst it lasted! 

16 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

The sentence may ne new but I'm pretty sure it has said for a while not to turn up before noon. I have never been there that early but was planning on it this year. I know people who have been parked up by 9am in the past but it looks like that option has gone now

It has indeed said dont turn up before noon... for the last couple of years we have turned up at 12:00 - 13:00 and to be honest we have been surprised how many are already in... Have always wanted to get in earlier, but dragging caravan and 2 daughters from Cambridgeshire before 6am is an impossibility..