Partying too hard?

Wrigley The Troll

I went for it big time, last time, from the Tuesday, and was in a bad way on Sunday (always hot that day, no matter what!). Always find some place to chill out, lay down, drink lots of water, have a bit to eat, rest, recharge, and get ready to go again!

started getting on it Tuesday evening last year on the drive to Glastonbury (I wasn't driving!)...got in the queue, stayed up all night partying then was amongst first into the festival. Nearly passed out lugging all the stuff across the site and then couldn't put my tent up to save my life. Had absolutely badgered myself right at the start...painful! Gonna take it easy this year...honest!

although most people at Glastonbury don't get a choice of what shifts they do due to my long service I do - I tend to start early wed/thu/fri/sat so only the Tuesday and Sunday is late - anyway was getting ready to start work just before 6am on the Wednesday and I heard someone shouting - had a look out my tent and spotted where the shouting was coming from - it was the crew camp next to ours - its full of Security - a few of them had stayed up very late and they did not want to start their shift - the Supervisor was going nuts and he called over a few who were waiting to be picked up - anyway there was three tents close to each other and they just opened up each of them and dragged the people out the tents - they were not happy bunnies - they were told if they did not get dressed and ready to start their shift they would be ejected from Glastonbury and I reckon their Supervisor was not joking.
so for anyone who is working { paid or volunteer } this year just pace Yourself.

I had a bad day last year Bri I had brought a litre bottle of Scotch for one of the lads working in my team But because he was such a twat I decided to share it out and drink it myself. You must have been in bed but we had a good night on it no sleep just partied. Anyway that afternoon I just found a dry spot at the back of the bar I was on and crashed out. Never again i needed a kangaroo pie to help me recover and a few pints of real cider from the bread and roses. I'll be seeing you in a few weeks me old mate

I had a bad day last year Bri I had brought a litre bottle of Scotch for one of the lads working in my team But because he was such a twat I decided to share it out and drink it myself. You must have been in bed but we had a good night on it no sleep just partied. Anyway that afternoon I just found a dry spot at the back of the bar I was on and crashed out. Never again i needed a kangaroo pie to help me recover and a few pints of real cider from the bread and roses. I'll be seeing you in a few weeks me old mate

Peter I am glad you recovered.
I did run into a Tent Manager { in the old days } and he could be found in any bar ' apart from his own ' - whenever there was a crisis the Deputy tent Manager could be seen hunting for him ' but they were looking in the wrong place ' so I would ask security to put a call out for him and he would be soon tracked down - sure completely pissed - they would pour him into a Landrover and drop him off - shame there was no overhead cameras then as it would have made some fun viewing - in fact I cant recall any time that I ever saw him sober - then one year he was no longer there - I did ask one of the Council and was told they had retired him.
I will have Oli and Kate back this year - he has been promoted this year and is now the ' Official Tea Boy ' for the campsite bar { there has never been a Chief of Police who has held that title before }
There is a lot of Managers who did not get places this year - some with very long service so it will be interesting to see what happens - nothing is set in stone but we should be back working in the campsite bar.
will send you a pm - brian

• 2 weeks later...