Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, MattLeam said:

Hello lovely people! I have just been over to Coventry to interview the nice lady who organises Godiva Festival. Just got in the door and my phone has been going mad with updates. Anything exciting going on?

Not really, some cow talk, desperation talk. How did the interview go? 

1 minute ago, MattLeam said:

Hello lovely people! I have just been over to Coventry to interview the nice lady who organises Godiva Festival. Just got in the door and my phone has been going mad with updates. Anything exciting going on?

Nothing of note sadly, although we do know the e festivals comp winner doesn't check their emails! 

2 minutes ago, MattLeam said:

Loving the mention there! tempted with godiva fest this year tbh

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MattLeam said:

Ooh.  My other half is from Cov.  What happens at the Godiva festival? Over and above the obvious.

6 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Not really, some cow talk, desperation talk. How did the interview go? 

It was very informative thanks! I was interviewing her about the challenges of running a not-for-profit music festival for an academic paper I am working on. 

They have a really decent line up this year, its the weekend after Glastonbury and free entry. I would recommend checking it out, might be good as a cheap Glasto alternative for those who have missed out on tickets so far :) http://www.godivafestival.com/lineup

4 minutes ago, MattLeam said:

It was very informative thanks! I was interviewing her about the challenges of running a not-for-profit music festival for an academic paper I am working on. 

They have a really decent line up this year, its the weekend after Glastonbury and free entry. I would recommend checking it out, might be good as a cheap Glasto alternative for those who have missed out on tickets so far :) http://www.godivafestival.com/lineup

Looks interesting.  Thanks for sharing

12 minutes ago, dan273 said:

Loving the mention there! tempted with godiva fest this year tbh

Do it! I'll be there to share a shandy with you

7 minutes ago, AnniMB said:

Ooh.  My other half is from Cov.  What happens at the Godiva festival? Over and above the obvious.

Off the top of my head there are about 6 stages with music and performances happening, a fun fair, a family area with a petting zoo and a children's play area, a vintage fair, craft stalls... I may have forgotten some stuff but the website will have it all :) 

They are very strong music wise this year... The Charlatans, Mystery Jets, The Subways, Boomtown Rats, Space, Scouting for Girls, Milburn, Pigeon Detectives... and loads more I can't remember

23 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Nothing of note sadly, although we do know the e festivals comp winner doesn't check their emails! 

Haha... Well fingers crossed it goes back into the hat and somebody with better admin skills gets lucky :P

1 minute ago, wirralchris said:

Don't shoot the messanger here please, not sure how true it is, but I've just recieved a text from somebody to say that there is a resale thisafternoon! 

Fingers crossed its true.

Is that someone a reliable source? I hope that's true (although I'm on a train this afternoon so I won't be ok but everyone else will hopefully!!!)

3 minutes ago, wirralchris said:

Don't shoot the messanger here please, not sure how true it is, but I've just recieved a text from somebody to say that there is a resale thisafternoon! 

Fingers crossed its true.

Both Glastonbury and Seetickets have confirmed there are no further sales of tickets. 
*Edit: not being negative, I want a resale as much as the next ticketless punter! :P

Edited by cb4747

1 hour ago, Katir said:

Does anyone have any contacts at all that work there? Failing that we need to kidnap a band and get in pretending to be them?

I have the image of Frank Drebin and Enrico Palazzo ingrained for the rest of the day now

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

Is that someone a reliable source? I hope that's true (although I'm on a train this afternoon so I won't be ok but everyone else will hopefully!!!)

Its from somebody who is equally desperate for a ticket as the folks on here, I see no reason for her to be making it up!

2 minutes ago, wirralchris said:

Its from somebody who is equally desperate for a ticket as the folks on here, I see no reason for her to be making it up!

Can you find out where she got her info? I really thought it was all over and they were all out. 

Just now, wirralchris said:

The fact that it's someone equally as desperate for a ticket means it could be someone with an equally creative imagination as us!

Did she tell you where she got her information?

p.s. Glasto Chat - nothing to see here. Please get back to arguing with each other about which headliner you're least keen on.

• Upvote 2