Different camping fields

johnny-yen

Hi. This is going to be my first time at Kendal Calling. Can you give me some advice about the different camping fields please?

I elected to go for the 'quiet' field when I ordered my tickets yesterday but maybe beginning to regret it.

Do they force you to keep to your chosen field?

How quiet is the quiet field?

How do they check you are in the correct field?

How noisy is the regular field?

Thanks.

They use the choices people give them as a guide on how to plan the size of the camping areas.last year quiet / family and accessable were all one field partitioned off into sections. They can move the partitions to suit. It makes sense as a few years ago certain sections were pretty empty and others rammed.

From what I know they ask you which section you're in when you arrive and tell you where the area is but I don't think the tickets you receive actually state things like 'family camping' or 'quiet camping' on them

the noisy field can get rowdy as there tends to be loads of drunk teens in it, saying that if you camp a bit away from the arena on the outskirts of the field it probably isn't too bad.

As for the layouts, the festival size is increasing by around 25% this year so they'll not publish the field layouts till much closer to the festival, i'm sure areas will change actually bit from previous years to accommodate people. Hope that helps a bit

Edited by ramragon

They use the choices people give them as a guide on how to plan the size of the camping areas.last year quiet / family and accessable were all one field partitioned off into sections. They can move the partitions to suit. It makes sense as a few years ago certain sections were pretty empty and others rammed.

From what I know they ask you which section you're in when you arrive and tell you where the area is but I don't think the tickets you receive actually state things like 'family camping' or 'quiet camping' on them

the noisy field can get rowdy as there tends to be loads of drunk teens in it, saying that if you camp a bit away from the arena on the outskirts of the field it probably isn't too bad.

As for the layouts, the festival size is increasing by around 25% this year so they'll not publish the field layouts till much closer to the festival, i'm sure areas will change actually bit from previous years to accommodate people. Hope that helps a bit

We ended up in what must have been the overspill campsite last year, it was awful. Miles away, no food places, horrendous walk to the arena in the mud.

That's a great help, thanks. It's answered all my questions.

We ended up in what must have been the overspill campsite last year, it was awful. Miles away, no food places, horrendous walk to the arena in the mud. [/quote

Don't think anyone had it easy in the mud, we were in campervan field, again no shops or stalls and a hefty walk through the mud, especially with a pushchair which we gave up on. My wife's got arthritis as well which pretty much left her sitting in the caravan from Saturday as the walk to the arena was a total chore in the mud and took her around 15 minutes each way. Gonna try and get in accessable camping this year to try and help her

Edited by ramragon

We were camped quite near the emperors arena entrance, but found they had it shut most of the time and you had to go the long way round down through the tipi fields - thurs night I expected that anyway but not for the rest of the weekend, not sure if it was weather/mud related or not, loads of people queued each day from the advertised open time (think that might have been 10am) and got turned away from the gate.