Entered card details then page cant be found....

shaunsouthern

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, could the sale have gone through and it just didn't tell me ? About 9.20. I kept doing back and retry and the same happened until it said "Sold out". I thought that once you got "in" this wasn't supposed to happen..... gaaaaahhhh....

I had the exact same thing, a few mins later they were sold out - just couldn't connect to the page, I thought I had done it once payment info was entered.

i would have rathered not even get as far as the ticket page. its an absolute disgrace, while i entered my credit card details the SECOND time it said we ran out of stock while you were paying? i am furious.. i rang seetickets to see if they could shed some light on the situation but unfortunately i was told to 'wait and see' if i get a confirmation email. can anyone confirm they have received their confirmation email yet please??

That's what happened to us. Absolutely heartbroken to get so close and then have it snatched away literally at the last second. I think I'd be less depressed if we hadn't even got to the holding page. No holding email. No tickets. Gutted.

Not very scientific but...

The page was hanging at the reg stage for a mate. (He pressed proceed, but nothing happened). After 2 mins he stopped it, pressed refresh and got the holding page again. Then another one of us had the same issue. Then a 3rd in the group phoned to say "Im in... No it has booted me out"

I then got to the reg stage.

I said "You better work you fucker or Im smashing you up"

& it did!

Threaten your machine... Dont leave it too long leaving the page to hang, strength in numbers and good luck in April.

Hell, this is where I went wrong. I was sitting here begging and pleading for it to go through. Should have used threats!

I had a reply from the Glastonbury office to my feedback email; maybe it will come in useful for some of us in April?!:

We are sorry but no, there are no current bookings against your registration details.

We understand your frustration, and appreciate your feedback, as we invest a lot of time and energy into trying to make this process as fair as possible.

As the ticket FAQ released in advance of the tickets going on sale http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/2015-ticket-faq/ explained, tickets are not secured until the payment has been processed, and in some instances it is necessary to press back or refresh; or indeed if the 10 minute window expired, to try again from the start of the process.

Likewise, the booking site also advised that "Tickets are not allocated until payment has been confirmed. Due to high volumes of transactions, some attempts may not be successful".

Again, we are sorry to be the bearers of bad news, and hope that this will not put you off trying for tickets again when they go on resale in the spring.

I had a reply from the Glastonbury office to my feedback email; maybe it will come in useful for some of us in April?!:

We are sorry but no, there are no current bookings against your registration details.

We understand your frustration, and appreciate your feedback, as we invest a lot of time and energy into trying to make this process as fair as possible.

As the ticket FAQ released in advance of the tickets going on sale http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/2015-ticket-faq/ explained, tickets are not secured until the payment has been processed, and in some instances it is necessary to press back or refresh; or indeed if the 10 minute window expired, to try again from the start of the process.

Likewise, the booking site also advised that "Tickets are not allocated until payment has been confirmed. Due to high volumes of transactions, some attempts may not be successful".

Again, we are sorry to be the bearers of bad news, and hope that this will not put you off trying for tickets again when they go on resale in the spring.

yes that's pretty much what I got back. I did ask them to look at it though to see if they could change anything going forward to prevent this. I know the process is miles better than it used to be but it has just got a couple of things that I am sure could be ironed out. And if we don't tell them they will never know :)

Precisely! I'd be really pleased if we noticed a difference in April...!

well I wouldn't hold out for that. I have been emailing glastonbury back and forth yet they seem to think it all works perfectly well and won't take any points on board that I have suggested may be an idea. At the end of the day, the system works pretty well and I can't knock it. The issues I do have though is why someone's reg number can be locked out for 10 minutes when the sale only lasted for 28 minutes. And also about the card payment page. What they have told me is that putting a timer on screen of 2 or 4 minutes (as like ticket master for example) would slow the process right down. I don't think that would be the case. Anyway, it has been an interesting discussion with them but I don't think they will be taking any of our requests forward Claire :(

How is a reg no locked out for ten mins? It's only locked out once payment is accepted and booking confirmed.

I had an issue with one of our group where we were on the card payment page for just one ticket. Upon pressing proceed, we kept getting a blank white screen (this was around 9:15 as we had already secured 6 of the 7 tickets we needed. I kept pressing back to go to the card payment screen again and then submitting it again around 8/9 time but just kept getting the White screen. My other friends were still trying to get through to the reg page and one of them rang me at 923 to say they had a reg page up so I asked them to try for this one ticket we needed as well. They were then getting the message up on screen that the reg number had already been used. So I kind of thought that one of the White screens I had seen must have gone through. I did try another few times until it came up saying sold out. Glastonbury have since told me that the reg number can become locked for 10 minutes Whilst the transaction is being attempted but will be released if the transaction fails.

Bloody hell. I had the opposite experience of that where I got someone's ticket while they had the white screen. Sorry bud!

oh right! That worked out well for you :) cheers for that anyway. We got 6 of our 7 tickets and I'm sure we will get the last one on the resale but after reading a few posts here I thought we should at least give some feedback on the process. It may not make any difference but it's better than not saying anything :)