Why the denial?

Guest mattgimmeshelter

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm over the moon Metallica are headlining, never thought ld ever see the day that Metallica close the pyramid. I've seen them headline at the big day out, download and sonisphere and ever time they nail it!

Always a great show, interact well with the crowed, have the songs and fireworks! If you're in any doubt give them a chance (you won't be disapointed). If you don't wanna see them then enjoy another part of the festival :)

Having see them numerous times and I'm assuming you have not, they do create a vibe that makes it feel like an occasion. Surely worth a look just out of curiosity or like me if you think they'll stink Kasabian style, give them a swerve.

Guess they will try and do a more crowd friendly set if there is such a thing at a Metallica gig, these guys are pro's and will be working the crowd adapting where necessary. Sure they'll play friggin Whiskey in a Bottle for at least one song most of the crowd will recognise.

I have nowt against Metallica, but they're not my cup of tea, and (like others) there's a few acts I would love to see in a headline set. Therefore, I'm going to continue clutching at straws...

Here goes...

Pharrell & Nile Rogers are both in the UK at the start of July... And Daft Punk will struggle to play live without their support (ala Gorillaz + associated acts 2010). Also the high £fees to be paid to all these acts means slightly cheaper acts on the Friday and Sunday (similar to Mumford and AM providing cash for the Stones last year).

So, based on these wild assumptions... Daft Punk.

(It is Metallica, though)

1) There are whole festivals for Metallica and the like because Metal is so niche.

2) Those that really want to see Metallica buy a ticket for the Sonisphere 'exclusive'

3) Metallica sold out after the black album and now even Metallica fans are tired of them

4) They are at so many festivals it doesn't seem a special saturday headliner

5) People want another act

It'll be Metallica

1) There are whole festivals for Metallica and the like because Metal is so niche.

2) Those that really want to see Metallica buy a ticket for the Sonisphere 'exclusive'

3) Metallica sold out after the black album and now even Metallica fans are tired of them

4) They are at so many festivals it doesn't seem a special saturday headliner

5) People want another act

It'll be Metallica

1) There are whole festivals for dance acts - yep

2) Those that really want to listen to dance music can go to Creamfields - yep

3) Metallica sold out with The Black Album not after (it is very good though) - recent return to their roots with Death Magnetic -yep, though not heard DM (after ST Anger not listened to them)

4) Kasabian are at so many festivals it doesn't seems a special Sunday headliner - Hell Yep

5) People schmeople. - Yeah people!

It'll be Metallica - Or Prince (which would be awesome)