Charging Phone?

Guest myusernameishere

Just wondering how u guys charge your phones @ Glastonbury

i used to take a portable charger thing with me that u put AA battery in and it would charge your phone

but i have a iphone 4s and all i can find is the portable charger that you have to charge up b4 you go and that will only charge phone once?

Just wondering how u guys charge your phones @ Glastonbury

i used to take a portable charger thing with me that u put AA battery in and it would charge your phone

but i have a iphone 4s and all i can find is the portable charger that you have to charge up b4 you go and that will only charge phone once?

Much simpler idea, this year EE have a charging bar, charge your phone with it, when it's done, take it to an EE tent, they'll swap for a fully charged one. £20, and no lines like Chill & Charge. (Plus, I had a friend buy a portable charger, stopped working after the second charge, despite putting in fresh batteries)

We use this - and have done for 4 years. http://www.amazon.co.uk/10000mAh-Portable-Dual-Port-Thunderbolt-Incredible/dp/B0063AAIRG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1398593413&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+charger Gives 4 or 5 full iphone charges. We've got another that does 6 but cant find the link. Keeps both o uf in iphones for a long weekend. We take both to Glasto and does 7 nights without a second thought!

Very highly recommended.

We use this - and have done for 4 years. http://www.amazon.co.uk/10000mAh-Portable-Dual-Port-Thunderbolt-Incredible/dp/B0063AAIRG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1398593413&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+charger Gives 4 or 5 full iphone charges. We've got another that does 6 but cant find the link. Keeps both o uf in iphones for a long weekend. We take both to Glasto and does 7 nights without a second thought!

Very highly recommended.

I received this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FDK2G2C?pc_redir=1398413386&robot_redir=1 on Thursday. Charged it up and have been charging my very battery hungry Sony z1 since then and its still got over 75% left on it. Only thing I have noticed is that it doesn't auto shut off when fully charged. But that could be the magnetic charging dock I use. Will have to try the cable.

I cant say I'm overly impressed with the festival doing anything that helps people keep their smart phone fully charged.

Dont get me wrong, I do think its entirely up to the individual what they do and I freely admit that if I had a fully charged phone on me the temptation to check social media/news etc would probably be too much.

Battery life on phones is only going to improve and its a depressing inevitability that we will soon be seeing people ignoring the incredible entertainment around them in favour of status updates etc. I'm just not sure its something the festival should effectively be actively encouraging.

Why does everyone presume that people are going to be plugged into social media the whole time?

I am bringing my phone because I want to take pictures, thats it. I have no intention of tweeting or updating my status every two minutes.

But also as I'm going solo I would personally like to have a charged phone in case I get into trouble, like losing all my money or such like.

Before anyone says anything, No I'm not one of those arseholes that hold the camera in the air to video an act I should be watching. I'm a ninja snapper.

Edited by H.M.V

I cant say I'm overly impressed with the festival doing anything that helps people keep their smart phone fully charged.

Dont get me wrong, I do think its entirely up to the individual what they do and I freely admit that if I had a fully charged phone on me the temptation to check social media/news etc would probably be too much.

Battery life on phones is only going to improve and its a depressing inevitability that we will soon be seeing people ignoring the incredible entertainment around them in favour of status updates etc. I'm just not sure its something the festival should effectively be actively encouraging.

Why does everyone presume that people are going to be plugged into social media the whole time?

I am bringing my phone because I want to take pictures, thats it. I have no intention of tweeting or updating my status every two minutes.

But also as I'm going solo I would personally like to have a charged phone in case I get into trouble, like losing all my money or such like.

Before anyone says anything, No I'm not one of those arseholes that hold the camera in the air to video an act I should be watching. I'm a ninja snapper.

Well to be fair i wasnt really suggesting that everyone who has a charged smart phone will be spending their entire time on the internet. However it is an inevitability that the easier the festival makes it to maintain full battery life, the more people will be glued to their phone screen.

Really? Well if 1000 extra people utilise the ability to keep their smart phone charged the whole time, then I would say it is extraordinarily unlikely that every sinlge one of them is doing so solely for the same reason as H.M.V. If even 1 of those 1000 is doing so at least in part so as they can update facebook then my point is valid.

You can argue until the cows literally come home about the magnitude of the effect. However it seems very strange to disagree that giving people easier access to a fully charged phone wont result in people spending more time using their phone.

There are often phone apps for the festival, Clashfinder I think can be saved and viewed (too many times I have pulled out a damp, falling apart print off!), texts to organised a meet up (phone calls often not possible due to noise nearby, usually a glorious racket I begrudge the interruption of a phone call for distracting me from ), photos for later, all things a smartphone can do, also there is the "where the hell am I?" situations. Can it do radio? there is after all Worthy FM!

Oh and the rumor mill! There is a lot of strange rumors go round the site during the festival, the only 2 I can think of that have come true are Micheal Jacksons died and the Prime Minister has resigned (John Major!)

Edited by HurrahBrother