Thursday Night

Guest jamj

Just wondering how people who stayed in emperors got round to the village green on the Thursday night last year, there didn't seem to be any other route than following the road back around past glamping etc? which seemed miles, and even then we didn't know where we'd actually be able to get in so we didn't bother. There was nowt happening in emperors, and I see Craig Charles is playing Chai Wallahs on the Thurs this year so quite fancy that.

I seem to remember one security guard sending me one way, when I got there security said he was wrong and sent me back, I strolled back an said the security over there said u were wrong it's thus way. He got on radio to confirm an sent me back towards the way I'd just come from again. Clueless at the start !

Once they got organised I don't remember them being an issue after day 1 though. Should be interesting to see how they deal with wallahs being open on the Thursday because once you got through the main gates it was fairly open plan inside so could be hard to contain people unless they have loads of temporary fencing up.

I'm guessing they'll have to open up the Emperors entrance on the Thursday, with both Wallas and the Real Ale tent being open on the Thursday night.

Last year we firstly went down the road which was fine but on the way back were sent on the round the world route through the yurts field, security said it was health and safety!

not that I'm in any way complaining but how come he's playing the Thursday? I thought they weren't allowed any music on the Thursday as that would contravene the license (I may've dreamt this).

Also see that they've knocked the thursday tickets upto £15 because of this, we've got ours already as we like to get settled in.

not that I'm in any way complaining but how come he's playing the Thursday? I thought they weren't allowed any music on the Thursday as that would contravene the license (I may've dreamt this).

Also see that they've knocked the thursday tickets upto £15 because of this, we've got ours already as we like to get settled in.

Edited by Flaminglippy

• 4 weeks later...

What do people think about the Thursday this year ? Will the tickets be limited in amount like we're always told or will they just continue to be sold until the festival like most other years.

Saw a massive difference on the Thursdays the years we've been, from next to nobody there in 2011 to a site that must have been half full last year by Thursday evening. Only problem I can see is if they have craig charles playing and the site layout is as open plan as last year I don't know how they're gonna control it, I can see chai wallahs which doesn't really hold that many people anyway being crammed with loads stood outside.

Maybes as limited ticket release would be better but at £15 a ticket it seems an easy way to get some extra funds in.

Got the Thursday ticket anyway as I have a large camp to set up and want to relax afterwards.

So, now I have to set up a good sized camp, drink a bottle of Champagne, BBQ a lobster and an octopus, cook some steak for "her", and still have enough energy to find Craig Charles!

Still need to get myself a Thursday ticket x 1 as the Mrs not coming down till Saturday. Is anyone still looking to sell a Thursday pass ? I`ll hold off buying 1 from the official site for a few days.

Going from previous years can anyone take a guess at what time Craig Charles will be on. I think in 2012 it was after midnight before he even started but I take it he will be finished by that time when it is the Thursday.

Who knows what time he'll be on, however in previous years the festivals been open and chai wallahs/ kaylied had a full days entertainment on before him, whereas this year it's just him an maybes another few small acts as far as I know. Can't imagine they'll was it till midnight for him to go on