2000trees 2014

Guest 5co77ie

Really looking forward to this now, we had our planning meeting yesterday, 13 of us attending this year after only 6 of us last year. We've got it well sussed out now, nice big tents, proper beach windbreaks to close off our camp, good lighting, gazebo, loads of tables and chairs. Its gonna be a great weekend if our planning comes together.

Just a little word of warning to Trees virgins - last year saw some serious thieving going on on the thursday night, the site is very dark, with no lighting on the campsite at all (unless they have addressed that issue) and I know most festivals are blighted by thieves spoiling it for everyone, but many people had their tents blatantly robbed, full handbags nicked, then ransacked and dumped in the bushes. Phones, cash, and various other valuables being lifted, so watch your stuff - especially on the thursday, and don't take anything you cant afford to lose. Just because its a small, friendly festival - doesn't mean its immune to the knobhead contingent.

on the whole, its a very safe, very friendly festival - so dont be overly worried - just be sensible with your gear.

I've never taken anything valuable to festival and I don't even carry a lot of cash which a lot seem to. I keep that on me at all times. Tent wise I empty rucksack (so it clearly looks empty) and chuck my clothes around. Someone entered my tent in Beautiful days but again nothing was there, only messyness. But the bastards (think I know who they were as I disturbed a couple of lads trying to suss out gaps in the fence nr my tent) stole my 2 bananas and left the skins outside the porch :growl:

Guessing the police didn't exactly rush to send out the fingerprint team for that one??

Me and my ex got robbed a few years back, whilst we were asleep (although 'unconscious' might be more apt) in the tent at the time. The police found her bag later and fingerprinted stuff in it, including a she-wee. I don't think they knew what it was.

Edited by Narnia

That's a lot to lose :( Glad you still had a good time tho

Anyone know if the layout of the site is the same each year? Was wondering about camping areas, looking for something middling... not too crazy parties but not ages away from the fun!

Also, is it cheeky to get my friends small pop up tent and pitch it for her so we camp together? We both have early entry Thurs tickets but she goes Fri morning and I get there as soon as it opens on Thurs. I have a massive tent we could share (has broken pole that I could try and fix) but would take up same, if not more space than our 2 small tents anyway so I might as well just pitch the 2! Is this frowned upon? I will try and get her to go Thurs night tho.

Have you not been before? We went last year for the first time so I cant vouch for the layout staying the same every year, but I would guess it is the same. With regard to pitching your mates tent - just go for it, no-one gives a toss.

as for the "something middling", I'm sure you will find something suitable. although it depends exactly what you are expecting. if you are looking for the "big festival campsite" experience you are going to be disappointed. Nowhere is "ages away from the fun", you can walk from one end of the site to the other in about 20 minutes.

We are all 40+ (13 of us going this year) and were probably among the oldest ones there. If you are going thursday, you will have the pick of the campsite as there are only 1500 allowed in on the thursday.

10460641_10152235780896915_4219401496375

in the picture, we camped at the corner of the woods on the mid left, the far right of the photo carries on down to the main stage, and there is some more camping for the more hardcore. We camped where we did because we couldnt be arsed dragging our gear any further, but we are taking a wheelbarrow this year and maybe heading for the top of the hill, which is the only place there is any mobile signal at all.

Edited by t8yman

Just an addition, flip flops are not a great idea. Last year there were a million thousand squillion stones everywhere, absolutely impossible to walk on in anything less substantial than a converse or similar. I remember a lot of people moaning about it after last years fest, and there was talk of clearing it for this years festival but I'm not sure whether or not they did. If flip flops were in your plans, take some alternatives with you!

Thanks for reply. No I havn't been before, just thought i'd ask about camping but then I thought it might not be the same area in the farm each year anyway. I can't see your photo? No, not expecting big festival camping! Not sure how much segregation there is but prefer not to be pitched amongst the very young 'lively' crowd tho. Sounds like might have to sit on the hill on Fri morning tho to make sure I can receive contact from friend when she arrives!

p.s flip flops never enter my head unless going to beach... when going to a farm I think of hiking shoes or wellies! I am quite a practical girl (my 'flip flops' don't flip and flop either,,, they are fairly heavy duty walking sandals! ha!) ;)

Edited by Narnia

Its a fairly mixed crows to be honest. Last year was my first (on my own) and never had any problems sleeping at night.

It was very stoney last year so sensible shoes a good idea. Weather not looking too bad now, slight chance of rain on Friday but I can cope with that.

2 days left of work and counting....

My +1 might* be available due to other half being busy with stuff she can't get out of and my friends being crap! Give me a shout if interested.

* spare offered on facebook one last time a few minutes ago but if nobody takes me up on it then will let it go here!

Be a shame if it goes to waste. Know it sounds a bit strange but maybe post on the Glastonbury forum? That seems to be where everyone goes and there are a few depressed there with withdrawal symptoms that might be glad of a weekend under canvas with music!

I did the shopping for the camping and beer drinking snacks. Unfortunately I got them a bit early as I opened a packet of Ritz cheese sandwich and Haribo already... and i'm not even camping or drinking beer yet... :(

Yes we got back around lunchtime, twas a very long, very trying drive. We had a great time once again. Didnt discover a great deal of music tbh, but was genuinely impressed with tall ships after feeling rather "meh" towards them previously. Hawkeyes, Canterbury and Maybeshewill were absolutely brilliant.

We were camped right next to the wooden 2000 trees sign at the top of the hill, great pitch. Unfortunately one of our group had his tent robbed on friday night, took cash, driving license, car keys. c**ts.

And I split my head open on thursday night still a bit sore now. There was blood everywhere.

It was a nice little festival. :) Music was good, mostly went to main stage, the croft and the forrest sessions. There was a good vibe in the forrest areas actually (the one with the stage and the other little place with the door no.7), great place to chill out and have a singalong at 4am! Some people we met also had robbery and they were on the hill too on the path leading from the trees sign. Actually it was the same tent robbed on 2 seperate nights :( We camped near the forrest and had no problems there. Really impressed by the way the festival was kept clean with litter vanishing within minutes it seemed! And the toilets were mega clean! Someone mentioned problem with stones and needing good footwear... it was fine imo and after that discussion about flip flops I ended up wearing sandals which I never normally do ha!

Edited by Narnia

Yes, the stones were practically non existent this year. Which would have probably been a rather big job to do, as there were millions last year. We spent most of our time at the cave, but did go down to main more often than we did last year. The food was awesome, especially the thai at the main stage. Went to the pieminister on friday, ordered a chicken and leek with peas and gravy (which was a right touch!) and was offered mash, I said "is it mash, or is it smash?" to be told it was smash. why would a premium brand sully itself with powdered mash? And the glasto pizza stand was brilliant as usual.

Is it just me or was the beer £1 more expensive than last year?

The tent pegs kept hitting the stones in the ground when pitching so I can imagine it would have been a big job clearing the surface ones. Yep enjoyed pizza and sausages and quite a tasty ale (no idea about price changes). Liked the busking stand in the campsite. We were camped away from them but was nice to stop by and listen. Quite a musical bunch of festivalgoers at 2000trees! :)

My only gripe was the music from the cave was overpowering even when quite far away. I was snoozing in my tent far back in the campsite one afternoon and pretty sure I was vibrating, and even tho I was closer to the croft I heard absolutely nothing of that from my tent, only from the cave. Had to be actually at the croft to have the cave drowned out. It seemed better the next day tho. Felt maybe the stage could have been better placed to not interfere elsewhere or maybe the sound system could have been better and more able to handle that music like the main stage maybe could have done?

Edited by Narnia