The National

Zoo Music Girl

Whatever you two's reservations about latitude are, you're probably spot on.

It's a really nice setting with one of the stages being in the woods, which was cool.

But the people! My friend actually said "have you noticed, no one is pissed!" and this was about 1pm! A really, really civilised affair. I've never seen so many of those massive £1000 prams (outside of primrose hill) in one place either. Picnic blankets and guardians for as far as the eye could see too.

It's basically what glastonbury will be in 5-10 years time.

Also, there were very few northerners/scots there. That's probably a contributing factor as to why the atmosphere was lacking

Edited by russycarps

Hmmm. I'd still like to try it for myself though. I enjoy Cropredy and everyone is pretty reserved there. Everyone probably hated me and my friends for being wasted but I don't really care about that. We didn't do anything to directly upset them, just kept to ourselves.

I don't really have reservations about Latitude and some of the younger posters here seem to like it so I'm game in theory.

Where is it exactly? Not very clear on the website unless I'm being dense.

Whatever you two's reservations about latitude are, you're probably spot on.

It's a really nice setting with one of the stages being in the woods, which was cool.

But the people! My friend actually said "have you noticed, no one is pissed!" and this was about 1pm! A really, really civilised affair. I've never seen so many of those massive £1000 prams (outside of primrose hill) in one place either. Picnic blankets and guardians for as far as the eye could see too.

It's basically what glastonbury will be in 5-10 years time.

Also, there were very few northerners/scots there. That's probably a contributing factor as to why the atmosphere was lacking

Sounds a bit like Camp Bestival for adults...

Hmmm. I'd still like to try it for myself though. I enjoy Cropredy and everyone is pretty reserved there. Everyone probably hated me and my friends for being wasted but I don't really care about that. We didn't do anything to directly upset them, just kept to ourselves.

I don't really have reservations about Latitude and some of the younger posters here seem to like it so I'm game in theory.

Where is it exactly? Not very clear on the website unless I'm being dense.

actually I've just remembered you're a posh girl from west london - you'll love it.

It's quite near norwich.

aye the prices of camp bestival are insane, considering the bands they get

And the Boden shop, and the hundreds of £1,000 McLaren buggies. We had a complaint one year, for sitting in the porch of our tent while the little 'un was asleep, at about 10pm, quietly listening to the radio on the speaker of my mobile phone, because it was apparently keeping Tarquin or Minty awake. I appreciate it's a family festival, but man....

And the Boden shop, and the hundreds of £1,000 McLaren buggies. We had a complaint one year, for sitting in the porch of our tent while the little 'un was asleep, at about 10pm, quietly listening to the radio on the speaker of my mobile phone, because it was apparently keeping Tarquin or Minty awake. I appreciate it's a family festival, but man....

:sarcastic:

that being said, it does look pretty ace from the photos I've seen....

:sarcastic:

that being said, it does look pretty ace from the photos I've seen....

Hey, don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful spacious site, with gorgeous views, just a couple of miles from the Jurassic Coast. There's loads for kids to do, the fireworks and lights show on the last night is brilliant, and there's always a reasonable enough smattering of bands, but I've always gone on a press ticket. If I was having to pay the prices, both of the tickets and most of the stuff on site, I might feel differently. And as you said about Latitude, the people...

Dog Burger, have you not considered trying for a press pass for Glastonbury? Or is that super-impossible? I guess it would be after resale anyway...

It would be after the resale, yeah, and I don't think they're all that plentiful these days. I no longer work for a publication that has a music section either. Back when I worked for the Bristol Post and Western Daily Press, the Press used to get a fairly large batch of staff tickets and ones for competitions, and it would have been much, much more likely back then. If I did it now, it would have to be for efests, and I'd imagine that Scott and Neil will be inundated with willing volunteers for that gig!

It would be after the resale, yeah, and I don't think they're all that plentiful these days. I no longer work for a publication that has a music section either. Back when I worked for the Bristol Post and Western Daily Press, the Press used to get a fairly large batch of staff tickets and ones for competitions, and it would have been much, much more likely back then. If I did it now, it would have to be for efests, and I'd imagine that Scott and Neil will be inundated with willing volunteers for that gig!

Well, yeah, considering they don't have tickets themselves as far as I know! Shame.

It's quite near norwich.

This is an exciting development. I've just read the Efestivals story and it says "day tickets are not yet on sale", suggesting they will be later. So if The National do play I can just go for the day, saving myself some money in the process.

Actually, Russy, didn't you go for the day to see Nick Cave?

This is an exciting development. I've just read the Efestivals story and it says "day tickets are not yet on sale", suggesting they will be later. So if The National do play I can just go for the day, saving myself some money in the process.

Actually, Russy, didn't you go for the day to see Nick Cave?

Yep, just for the sunday. You could camp for just one night too which was handy (in a day-ticket holders campsite, not the main bit).

lol at ppl thinking latitude is any more middle class than glasto. the same vibe in the middle of the day.

I think Glastonbury has clearly become more 'middle-class'. However, I still think it is big enough and has enough different areas to make it all things to all people. I suspect there's plenty of stuff and people you'd find at Glastonbury that wouldn't be present at Latitude.

lol at ppl thinking latitude is any more middle class than glasto. the same vibe in the middle of the day.

not really, maybe the pyramid field and the popular areas, but who the hell wants to hang around there??

there's plenty of areas at glastonbury that are a million miles away from being like latitude. Otherwise why would we still go?