Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

Hello Cristall:

That is very interesting news. As I tend to go to spas every day and as some of them cost £14 entrance this could save me a decent amount of money as there are 7 of us going.

If I was to order three, 2 day tickets (for each of us) from the Sziget website, how do you get each validated to start on differnt days for example:-

First from 12th to midnight of 13th

Second from Midnight of 13th to midnight 15th

Third midnight of 15th to Midnight 17th

I would really appreciate any advice you can offer

I exchanged each e-ticket for a wristband on a different day, so you could do it this way too: one on the 12th, one on the 14th and one on the 16th.

By the way, when going to Gellert Spa, it's cheaper to buy a new Citypass than to buy an entrance ticket with 20% discount. The price for a Szechenyi Spa ticket with 20% discount is about the same as the price of a new Citypass, so for this spa the exchange rate at the time of the festival is decisive for what is cheapest.

Thanks

I exchanged each e-ticket for a wristband on a different day, so you could do it this way too: one on the 12th, one on the 14th and one on the 16th.

By the way, when going to Gellert Spa, it's cheaper to buy a new Citypass than to buy an entrance ticket with 20% discount. The price for a Szechenyi Spa ticket with 20% discount is about the same as the price of a new Citypass, so for this spa the exchange rate at the time of the festival is decisive for what is cheapest.

Thanks for the reply Christal

If we get the first band to start on 12th it runs out at midnight of 13th according to the website. My worry is If we went to the festival from the hotel on the 13th we all could then not get back to the Hotel (after midnight) or get to the festival the following day to exchange the second e-ticket for second wrist band so my questions are:

When you exchange your first e-ticket for the first 2 day pass can you also validate the second pass to start at midnight the following day?

or

If I was to go to an e-ticket for City Pass exchange office at say 7pm, could I ask to have the second band to start at midnight?

This way we would get the full 2 days use out of each ticket and it’s a brilliant cost effective idea.

Hope that all makes sense and apologies for posting the most boring message in history. No worries if you don't know but you might be saving me a fortune in Spas (so no pressure)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Christal

If we get the first band to start on 12th it runs out at midnight of 13th according to the website. My worry is If we went to the festival from the hotel on the 13th we all could then not get back to the Hotel (after midnight) or get to the festival the following day to exchange the second e-ticket for second wrist band so my questions are:

When you exchange your first e-ticket for the first 2 day pass can you also validate the second pass to start at midnight the following day?

or

If I was to go to an e-ticket for City Pass exchange office at say 7pm, could I ask to have the second band to start at midnight?

This way we would get the full 2 days use out of each ticket and it’s a brilliant cost effective idea.

Hope that all makes sense and apologies for posting the most boring message in history. No worries if you don't know but you might be saving me a fortune in Spas (so no pressure)

I don't know the answers to these questions. I always camp, so I don't have these problems :) You can try for sure, but you can also exchange your e-tickets at 1AM or exchange them in the city center according to the website:

Where can you exchange your CITYPASS voucher to a wristband?
  • Liszt Ferenc Airport
  • Tourist information office at Keleti Railway Station
  • Sziget terminal at Nyugati Square (opposite to Nyugati Railway Station)
  • Cassas at the entrance of Sziget Festival

I don't know the answers to these questions. I always camp, so I don't have these problems :) You can try for sure, but you can also exchange your e-tickets at 1AM or exchange them in the city center according to the website:

Where can you exchange your CITYPASS voucher to a wristband?
  • Liszt Ferenc Airport
  • Tourist information office at Keleti Railway Station
  • Sziget terminal at Nyugati Square (opposite to Nyugati Railway Station)
  • Cassas at the entrance of Sziget Festival

Thanks for the information. I think we will get a 2 week city pass but buy a 2 day one for the trips to the more expensive spas. Enjoy Sziget

This'll be my first time to Sziget too! Coming from the UK with my son, who's 17.

I was wondering, will my son easily be able to buy beer within the site for himself? Or will I have to buy it for him?

I know there's a Sziget card payment system, is that linked with your age or anything?

Cheers

Help and advice needed. We are going to book an apartment in the city to make the most of the surrounding area, but we are a bit confused where to book as we want to find an area which is going to be okay to get transport to the festival or even walk. Any ideas of areas to look near?

Thanks

Need help with the ticket.

Going for the week camping but there is so many options on the website.

Would it be worth getting the budapest city pass?

Also what is - Sziget Festival (with camping) - B.my.Lake combined pass

I see there is transfers - can this be explained?

Would it be worth it etc?

Hi everyone,

Getting ready to book tickets for Sziget, never been before and very excited about the line up!

Planning to book a 5 Day Pass and not camp, but noticed the 5 Day Pass only covers 13-18 August? I saw that Queens of the Stone Age are playing on August 12 (Day 0) - would this mean we'll need to buy a Day Ticket on top of our 5 Day Pass, or is there some other extension ticket we can get? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

never been there but i guess you need to buy full sziget pass (with camping) and just don't camp there

it cost less than buy 5 days tickets + 1 day ticket

hoping for some rock names tomorrow

guess papa roach and billy talent will be annonced

Would be brilliant if they announced Papa Roach, so many acts on the line up I've wanted to see for years. Will likely do that with buying the full pass - does totally work out cheaper than buying two separate tickets. Thanks a lot!

Don't get this whole day -1 day 0 thing. I booked up once they announced qotsa. Not a big fan of blink so not fussed to be missing them.

People who booked ultra early may have based their flights and accommodation from "day 1" so they miss out on a load of bands on day 0.

Why not just tell us it's a 7 day festival? It's not just the festival goer that misses out, they won't get our beer money!