Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

I understand you but The Killers is in my top5 band to see live... but i wouldn't say no to Kings of Leon ;)

As I said on another sziget forum:

- Sziget France posted a live of Skrillex and wrote "If it's under the tent it's gonna be hot this summer in Budapest". I sent a message to the responsible of Sziget France asking him if it's sure that Skrillex will play under a tent, he answered "va savoir :p", which means "who knows :p".

-Unlike the Sziget Italia and Sziget Official faceobok pages, on the Sziget France's cover picture, Calvin Harris is above Macklemore and Skrillex. On their poster, it's

QOTSA//Prodigy//Placebo//Calvin Harris

Macklemore//Skrillex//Bastille//Lily Allen

... and so on

Hi everyone. A friend and I are thinking of going to Sziget for the first time this year, having only been to T in the Park and Rockness before. Read through most of this forum to learn some stuff, but still a bit confused on some fronts.

- I still can't get my head around the whole Day -1 and Day 0, and which act is headlining on which day.

- If we arrive on the evening of Sunday the 10th, can we get in to the campsite?

- Do we vacate the campsite on Monday the 18th, or Tuesday the 19th?

Edited by harryomatic

Cheers, that clears it up. So on the 11th, there's only Hungarian bands, the 12th has QOTSA headlining, and there should still be one more headliner to come.

Looks to be a good line up, excited to see what else Sziget has up their sleeve. When do the rest of the announcements usually come?

We're still having trouble deciding which hostel to book.

What time does the festival die down every night and what sort of transport is available at that time to get back to the hostel?

Are there night buses? Are they safe? Or are taxis a better option? What's the taxi prices like?

Soo many questions lol.

Cheers

@Uncle Liam: i've read that the persons who have a 7 days pass can enter the site on the 11th, but you can buy a moving-in ticket to enter the site starting saturday. It's a way to discover Budapest before the festival begins and to find the best camping spot! With my friends we planned to arrive on the sunday 10th.

@Uncle Liam: i've read that the persons who have a 7 days pass can enter the site on the 11th, but you can buy a moving-in ticket to enter the site starting saturday. It's a way to discover Budapest before the festival begins and to find the best camping spot! With my friends we planned to arrive on the sunday 10th.

Noeliam there are moving-in tickets for the 9th and the 10th. So it's true, you can camp before the festivals from 2 days before it officially begin ;)

Hi. Macklemore are playing in Germany on the 13th and 15th so would be surprised to see them hop across to Budapest on the 14th.......it's still doable but I think unlikely. So if its QOTSA on the 12th, Placebo 13th and Calvin 17th and if my theory is right then Macklemore will be busy on the 14th/15th then there is at least one headliner still TBA.......unless it's Lily Allen of course...it wouldn't be the first time! I'd also be surprised As for Skrillex....that would top even Mika IMO!

Hi Fest Freak. I found the security fairly tight last year and 'the area of the event' really means onto the island (you can camp anywhere). There were no probs taking water in last year though, the heat was massive (around 40) on the first few days so think they'd have been hard pushed to knock water back. All that said, as you're paying less than a couple of pound for a beer and not much more for food it's cheap to eat and drink inside.

Hi Fest Freak. I found the security fairly tight last year and 'the area of the event' really means onto the island (you can camp anywhere). There were no probs taking water in last year though, the heat was massive (around 40) on the first few days so think they'd have been hard pushed to knock water back. All that said, as you're paying less than a couple of pound for a beer and not much more for food it's cheap to eat and drink inside.

Cheers Barney, thanks for your help. I wasn't sure as to whether to take any alcohol, but I don't think I will now. Too much hassle to take it all the way to Hungary only to have it taken away, especially as beer is cheap anyway. Will be sure to take plenty of bottled water.

Hi. Macklemore are playing in Germany on the 13th and 15th so would be surprised to see them hop across to Budapest on the 14th.......it's still doable but I think unlikely. So if its QOTSA on the 12th, Placebo 13th and Calvin 17th and if my theory is right then Macklemore will be busy on the 14th/15th then there is at least one headliner still TBA.......unless it's Lily Allen of course...it wouldn't be the first time! I'd also be surprised As for Skrillex....that would top even Mika IMO!

At least Macklemore isn't playing on my birthday.

The thing is though, The National are breaking up their German tour to go and play in Portugal. So it's not like Macklemore can't headline on the 14th.

Anyone got the Skrillex dates?

Skrillex is playing Frequency 4M festival on the 14th, so he must be playing (probably headlining) Sziget on the 15th.

EDIT: And its only a 2 hours drive from Frequency FM (where Macklemore is playing on the 13th) to Sziget, so I think it's entirely possible he can headline Sziget on the 14th, before heading to Germany on the 15th

Edited by harryomatic

The thing is, it's actually a bit of a joke to have two headliners who have only got one album each out, no matter how popular.

I don't doubt that Skrillex can fill a 90 minute set, as at least he has a couple of decent sized EP's out, but overall it's a pretty poor show. Having said all that, he topped the second stage at Reading and Leeds last year.

Just quite annoying that QOTSA and Placebo headline, and then it's Dance and Pop headliners all the way until the end it seems.

Skrillex is playing Frequency 4M festival on the 14th, so he must be playing (probably headlining) Sziget on the 15th.

EDIT: And its only a 2 hours drive from Frequency FM (where Macklemore is playing on the 13th) to Sziget, so I think it's entirely possible he can headline Sziget on the 14th, before heading to Germany on the 15th

Where is it confirm that Skrillex is playing frequency on the 14 th ?

The supermarket is huge and last year still had tents and other camping stuff on Weds/Thursday. It's really close too. The only risk is that if by chance they do sell out there's nothing else close by that I saw, however lots of spots on site to sleep....beach....chill tent etc etc

On the Frequency website's line up page, each act has a date. His says the 14th

If you refer to this website, all bands announce are playing on the 13th or the 14th.. Don't think Placebo, QOTSA and Skrillex are all playing 14th because they are written as the headliners (first line, in big caracters on the line up poster) and are all too big to play the same date in this kind of festival. This date just refer to the beginning of the festival and the 13th to the extra day added this year which is new.

I think Skrillex will play on Frequency on friday 15th because Placebo will play there on Saturday (official date on placebo website) and QOSTA (the last frequency headliner) will play on thursday ( no official date yet but they can’t play on friday because Lowlands and Highfield festival booked them too (these festivals will take place between 15-17 august) and QOSTA will play Pukkelpop on satudray 16th).

So don't think Skrillex can play Sziget on the 15th... Maybe I'm wrong !

What's your view?