ladies - toiletries & make up packing

Guest yellowsnow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deodorant, dry shampoo, clear mascara and moisturiser! 2011 I also too some funky coloured eyeliners too :) Oh and don't forget the baby wipes! Pack pretty light to be honest but then I don't do makeup much in the 'real world' so that makes festival life a wee bit easier ;)

I squirrel away sachets from magazines through the year and pack those. Have a body and face moisturiser for each day and a selection of pefumes. Try ebay for miniatures of your favourite perfume, usually you can get a tiny spray for a few quid. Anything in big bottles that can be decanted, put into those wee stackable travel bottles.

Last time I camped at a festival I was 35 and didn't bother with make up, but five years on I think it's a necessity. I've put aside almost finished blusher/powder/foundation to bring. I have some sachets of face moisturiser somewhere that I'll dig out too. Other than that baby wipes, face wipes, deodorant, dry shampoo, mascara, toothpaste, lip balm and maybe a wee tube of body lotion.

Usually take a streamlined make up bag (eyeshadow, eyeliner, foundation, mascara etc) and toiletries wise I take the good old wet wipes, deodorant, shampoo (normal and dry), leave-in conditioner, hair serum (my hair is very naughty and needs lots of looking after!), body lotion (doubles as moisuriser), Impulse or similar, toothbrush and toothpaste.

Probably take more than that if am honest but have quite crappy skin and hair so helps to make me feel a little more human every day having all my normal bits and pieces to use.

Get yourself some lip balm that has SPF protection built in. My lips burn like nobody's business at festival and there's not much you can do after they've burnt to stop them stinging. I've just bought an asda own brand one for about £2 but there are also some nivea and chapstick ones that have some protection (though not as much) and some of the sun cream brands do higher SPF ones but they're a bit more expensive

I always take a very small compact mirror with inbuilt lights which comes in handy - and also one a small make up compact. I wear contact lenses so can't do without a mirror. I put it in my small handbag inside zip pocket - ladies we all have bags with hidden zip pockets or in my jeans. I know the no glass rule and this is the only exception and I take very good care not to break it!

Otherwise I take small mini travel products or samples or stuff which is nearly empty. Pack light. I do manage to wash my hair though at least once with warm water from kettle or use dry shampoo. I have a good tinted moisteriser with sP15 and take mascara. Hair ties are useful. Take baby wipes. Anitbacterial hand get is very drying so i try and use soap and water at the loos but a mini intensive hand cream is an essential and lip balm. And for those of you who have a weak bladder or get stuck in a long queue or big crowd - lady tena pads can be handy too!!!

I'm taking some tinted moisturiser, waterproof mascara, eyeliner and cream blusher. Concealer is a must for me - hides dark circles. Maybe a sparkly eyeshadow to make me feel a bit more glam even though I won't feel it. Then the usual baby wipes, face wipes, dry shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash, hand gel. Going to take some mini soap this year, mainly just to wash my hands under the taps.

Edited by yellowsnow

I just take the bare essentials. Eye liner, mascara and lip gloss. Usually mooch around in my shades anyway so no one can see me lol.

A little travel mirror is handy. Especially for me as I use contact lenses.

For toiletries I stock up on miniatures, i.e. shampoo and conditioner and shower gel (if your planning on a shower) Babywipes are a lifesaver. And a handy tip, if like me you hate stubble and to need a quick shave, take a miniature bottle of baby oil and a razor. Can't stand stubbly legs and pits lol!!!!