lock ups

Guest doobie ninja

hi

A friend of mine keeps banging on about how amazing the lock up tents are. He said on the 1st day he hands in a bag with all sorts of crap in - spare socks, waterproofs, sun cream, some spare beers and so on.

He normally camps quite fair out (Bushy groud area...ish) and uses a lock up fairly central. This way if he wants something and is miles away from his tent, he may be able to just get it from the lock up. (like more beer, or a change of socks or what ever)

He's not going this year but it does sound like a good idea which i might try.

Any views?

They're great - your friend is not the first nor will they be the last to do this....lots of people leave a bag in a central one at the start of the day & go backwards and forwards to get things out & put things in.

In 2009 I left my trolley in there for the whole time I was on site.

You just have to make sure you dont lose the ticket for your bag....

This is my plan too. I have a lot of food and drinks and am going to leave my trolley full of half of my alcohol and soft drinks/snacks fairly central to the site and come back as and when. More than that though, I don't want people raiding my tent and stealing a £10 bottle of alcohol so it's a safety feature too!

• 3 weeks later...

From what i've heard they've never had a single incident of theft from the lock up tents. I don't think they are lockers but they are manned 24hrs a day. Plenty of people i've spoken to use them as an ATM stand-in, taking out the money they need for the day each morning from the stash they've left.

I like to also leave warm clothes and a blanket with them so that I don't have to go back to the tent to layer up once the sun's gone down. And wrapping up in a blanket in the circus tent is a lovely way to spend a glasto evening.

From what i've heard they've never had a single incident of theft from the lock up tents. I don't think they are lockers but they are manned 24hrs a day. Plenty of people i've spoken to use them as an ATM stand-in, taking out the money they need for the day each morning from the stash they've left.

I like to also leave warm clothes and a blanket with them so that I don't have to go back to the tent to layer up once the sun's gone down. And wrapping up in a blanket in the circus tent is a lovely way to spend a glasto evening.

I managed one a while ago, they are generally big marquees with shelves built of scaffolding and planks.

Use numbered tickets to locate everything left by people

Often staffed by CND volunteers, very experienced, friendly and helpful people.

You "should" give a small donation each time you use them, but it is a donation.

They also have free loo rolls, donation.

I managed one a while ago, they are generally big marquees with shelves built of scaffolding and planks.

Use numbered tickets to locate everything left by people

Often staffed by CND volunteers, very experienced, friendly and helpful people.

You "should" give a small donation each time you use them, but it is a donation.

They also have free loo rolls, donation.

I've never used the lock ups before at any Glastonbury festival I have attended, but will do so this year - hopefully. It must be a right pain if you were to get turned over by theft. I lost a camera to theft last year at Shambala. It made me realise that if it had been my money, cards etc then I'd be right fucked.

No they are all really big and quite a few.we arrived Thursday last time and every day put stuff in the lock ups that we thought we would use. If hopefully it is warm try to plan where you will be in evening and leave stuff in the lock up close to there I.e jackets etc. We have a caravan so we tended to use it just for the day however we did leave some stuff until the next day. Very safe, I know you you have a ticket but if I remember you have to sign something each time so the only person putting the stuff in the lock up can take it out again

Glasto veterans, are the lock ups literally a locker type thing? And are they safe? Basically want to know if I will be ok keeping camera/phone/money in there? Has anyone had anything go missing before from them?

Thanks in advance! :)