Clashfinder

Guest daniel.k

Yeah I just looked at everything I put on there and I think the Sunday for me has less acts I'd want to see. Where do you think fun. Would play as V announced the script as pretty certain to support Beyonce? Maybe Fun on main mid afternoon?

And they pretty much have to clash Calvin Harris and basement jaxx, jaxx announced they are headlining a stage and Calvin is bit too big now not to headline 4 music. Can't see him subbing Kings of Leon and having Emeli sande headline 4 music or something

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Fun. really have enough hit records or profile to sub a stage this year. I can see them maybe mid-afternoon, and probably ly on 4Music or Main, they don't strike me as being suited to a tent really.

And on another point, you say "Calvin is a bit too big now not to headline 4Music" but for me he isn't, he sounds to me like perfect sunset-time crowd energiser.

And finally, again I highly doubt Stereophonics would headline at the same time as Kings of Leon, because they're both the same genre (in this case fairly plodding guitar-led rock).

It's also more than conceivable that Emeli Sande could headline a stage. She's extremely well-known, and had one of the biggest selling albums of last year, which in turn has given quite a selection of very well-known songs.

I can see:

Main: Calvin Harris/Stereophonics/Kings of Leon

Arena: Rita Ora/Ellie Goulding/Emeli Sande

4Music: Labrinth/Two Door Cinema Club/Basement Jaxx

Edited by Zac Quinn

You make a fair point there, most people called for basement jaxx headlining the Arena but you make a good point.

I still think Emeli Sande is too big to put in the Arena though even if she headlined. Tom Odell is piano based but I don't think he will be in the Arena. I could see Rita ora and maybe Ellie goulding in the Arena depending on the rest of the lineup but I don't see Emeli being there. I could see her being on a big stage, probably main.

I think more like

Emeli Sande // Stereophonics // Kings of Leon on main

TDCC // Labrinth // Calvin Harris on 4music

Rita ora // Ellie Goulding // Basement Jaxx on Arena

Until solid day splits are announced it could be totally different. I originally had TDCC on Beyonce day

We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't think there's any such thing as "too big" for the Arena, given that Ed Sheeran closed it last year at the height of his powers.

I have no idea whatsoever where Tom Odell will play. At Glastonbury he'd be perfect main stage filler in the rain but at V, I don't know enough about the vibe of V to say.

The line-up you suggested there is viable...except you've got Rita Ora/Emeli Sande and Basement Jaxx/Calvin Harris clashing.

Edited by Zac Quinn

I can't see Calvin Harris playing anywhere else apart from High on main or heading 4music. He isn't as big as David Guetta but guetta played there last year didn't he?

Maybe Rita ora would play lower so make sure she didn't clash with emeli. There's a chance emeli would play the arena but I don't think basement jaxx are as big as they have been in the past and won't be a huge pull. KoL against basement jaxx would be an easy one for me but its seeing who the other headliner is, not counting undercover

Hehe I will find some then :D

Think I found some. Most of them arent bright enough but

http://www.amazon.co.uk/esprit-053CC2C001-Shorts-Citrus-X-Large/dp/B00BRCS0JI/ref=sr_1_29?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1368530537&sr=1-29

Earthquake is a great song, and looking at the crowd he drew i can see him playing a similar slot this year. 'Let the sun shine' wouldnt be right at night :P

Edited by daniel.k