Worthy view

Guest Thearg

Hello,

Just wondering what the situation with the showers in Worthy View is like? I usually shower at the Greenpeace showers a few times.

I was really lucky that my friends who had a stall in the green fields would take my tent and set it up for me in Pennard's Hill, so it was easy for me to shower and pop back to my tent at any time. Alas, they will not be there this year, so I decided on Worthy View.

Showers aren't that important, but they are nice!!

Any help is appreciated!!

126 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kara

I was wondering what time they open the WV car park,I know they say that you cant camp till the wed morning,but if you are in the carpark on tuesday night,right next to the tents it seems a bit unfair not to be able to go and sleep in them,afterall they let the campervans in,I suppose that would take extra staffing etc

So to recap when do they let you into the Wv carpark?

I was wondering what time they open the WV car park,I know they say that you cant camp till the wed morning,but if you are in the carpark on tuesday night,right next to the tents it seems a bit unfair not to be able to go and sleep in them,afterall they let the campervans in,I suppose that would take extra staffing etc

So to recap when do they let you into the Wv carpark?

I emailed Glastonbury Office with this very question this was their reply:

Hi there

I am afraid at the moment that I cannot give you any further information than what is on the web site: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/Information/accommodation/worthy-view-off-site-camping

I notice that it does say the following:

‘Having booked accommodation at Worthy View via Seetickets, you will receive a confirmation email to confirm your reservation within 24 hours, and will receive a follow-up message from the Festival in May 2013 with further details of your accommodation and access information’.

I should add that I would be surprised if Worthy View did not open at the same time as the main gates, however further information will be released as per the website.

Wishing you a great festival.

Kind regards

Although no complete answer there I take this to mean the car parks will likely be open at 8am on the Wednesday, I would be very surprised should they open Tuesday night.

Cheers Worthy,If they are opening the main carpark on tuesday night,I would of thought any one with a Wv sticker would be directed up there rather than park them up in the main carpark and then move them in the morning but who knows,we will see nearer the time.

Would be a nice perk to be able to set up on the tuesday like the campervans though

WV is completely separate to the rest of the festival, there is no need to arrive on Tuesday night, and I do not imagine for one minute you will get into the car park if you do. WV should not suffer from the same car parking issues as the normal site. Once you get off the A37 or cross the A37 it is just a straight forward run up to the car park. If you are coming down on the Tuesday night I think you will need to make arrangements to crash in a nearby layby

Not sure why you'd want to arrive on Tuesday evening to spend a night in the car parks if you have a WV pitch? Your pitch is guaranteed, so little point having a head start over people is there? Have I missed a point somewhere?

Stayed their the last 2 glasto's. Arrived on site at about 9/10am ish on the Wednesday both times. Never queued in the car, to 'check in' or to get into the site.

Showers were busy between 9-11am. In 2010 when it was roasting we would just shower on the way back to the tent at 3/4 am. As it will be hot and sunny again this year it was nice to get rid of all the dust.

Never really any ques for the toilets, which in 2010 were spotless. A bit less so in 2011 - but hard to keep toilets clean when that muddy.

No point in arriving on Tues night. Not even sure if they will let you on the roads to get to the site.

Think we went through Ditcheat and along Wraxall Road and crossed straight over the A37 where everyone else was queing.

The hill back to the site is steep but really not that bad - unless you are really unfit.

Not staying on this site this year for one reason or another but I'm sure it will be great for those who are.