Are you happy with the 3 headliners?

Guest luckysalt

Real simple this.

Are you happy with the 3 headliners?

Are they all must see or you're hoping for an act to be on another stage instead. If so who?

For me im reasonably happy.

Love Slipknot and haven't seen them since Download 2009, so 4 years, so I'll be watching them

Iron Maiden not really a band I listen to a lot, although I like all their hits, I saw a bit of them at Reading 2005, so for me if I watched them it would be something new, but if someone came along on second stage that were a big band for me they may tempt me away, although im not sure who, maybe QOTSA.

Rammstein, I don't have a lot by them but have heard stuff round my mates and watched videos online of live performances, I think I'd never go to their own show, so I'll watch them at Download, but im not sure if I'd watch the full set depending on how they are and who they're up against. Its weird cus this year Sabbath held my attention throughout and were amazing but I don't know THAT many Sabbath songs, so sometimes a band can just blow you away.

very happy with slipknot and rammstein - not seen slipknot and rammstein are really good.

Hope they get the different dancey type act to clash with maiden, in the same ilk as pendulum, prodigy, chase and status have been. Dont mind maiden but would really like to see a biggish dance act for the variety.

More than happy. Haven't seen any of them live yet somehow. Slipknot I've been a fan of for ages and really wanted to see them for a long time but it didn't work out. Both Maiden and Rammstein I've listened to bits over the years, but started listening to a lot more recently, and really can't wait to see them live.

I think the big thing for me is that all 3 tend to put on big shows with pyro and what not so I'm really looking forward to that.

I've seen Maiden but not the other 2. I'm not missing Rammstein for anything, I like their stuff, they supposedly put on an awesome show and they won't be back. Slipknot I'm not that mad about so if there is a bastard clash with a good band on 2nd I hope it's when they are on.

Last time I saw Maiden was '88 MOR, Slipknot Donington '09 and never seen Rammstein, nor am I that bothered about them in all honestly - however, I will watch them and make a more informed judgement on the day. (providing no-one awesome is on another stage).

So I am quite pleased I will be seeing Slipknot and Maiden again!

No.

I appreciate they're all big bands, but I went to the Soni with Maiden and Rammstein and that's satiated my appetite to see them both.

I've never liked Slipknot, they just bore me.

I have a few Maiden albums, and wouldn't mind seeing them again, but I'm not enough of a fan for them to tempt me to a poorly managed and laid out festival.

I like Rammstein a fair bit, and they were excellent live, but again, I'm not a big enough fan to be tempted back to an overcrowded festival.

An amazing undercard with Soundgarden-esque subs would get me going next year, but I doubt that'll happen.

I am happy with the three headliners as well

Never saw any of them and to be honest probably wouldn't pay to go to any of their own shows but an ideal three for me to see at a festival, will probably try and catch them all depending on other stage headliners of course but will try and catch a bit of them all

Yup. So happy I have chucked a wad at tickets for my 1st download.

Have not seen Slipknot since Glasgow Gig on the green. Where they were superb.

Don't have any of their stuff and would not go to see them live. Nobody better gets announced and I'll be happy to watch them again. Love the percussion.

Will not be missing Maiden. Seventh Son is not my favourite album by a long stretch and have not listened to it in decades. But will give it a spin to hear what I will be enjoying. Seen them on the last two tours, always top notch.

Rammstein. Like everybody else I know Du Hast. That's about it. But they have an excellent rep as a live act so will be showing up for the full set and I'm looking forward to checking out more of their stuff. Any recommends? The more thumping industrial stuff all the better.

Would have seen them last tour but supposedly they could not play Glasgow cos of the amount of pyro!? A few folk I know went down for the Newcastle show and raved about them.

Looking through the previous cards I'm going to be spoilt for choice all day. Clash city!

Seen all three live... Slipknot and Rammstein are amazing so chuffed to see them again.. Really not bothered about Maiden... Will probably end up watching them again cause apparently no second stage clashing but can't see them being that great... were rather dull last two times I saw them..

Yup. So happy I have chucked a wad at tickets for my 1st download.

Have not seen Slipknot since Glasgow Gig on the green. Where they were superb.

Don't have any of their stuff and would not go to see them live. Nobody better gets announced and I'll be happy to watch them again. Love the percussion.

Will not be missing Maiden. Seventh Son is not my favourite album by a long stretch and have not listened to it in decades. But will give it a spin to hear what I will be enjoying. Seen them on the last two tours, always top notch.

Rammstein. Like everybody else I know Du Hast. That's about it. But they have an excellent rep as a live act so will be showing up for the full set and I'm looking forward to checking out more of their stuff. Any recommends? The more thumping industrial stuff all the better.

Would have seen them last tour but supposedly they could not play Glasgow cos of the amount of pyro!? A few folk I know went down for the Newcastle show and raved about them.

Looking through the previous cards I'm going to be spoilt for choice all day. Clash city!

its a fuckin joke tbh i was relying on the 2nd stage as an alternative, theres a right row going on on the download forums between andy n some bloke lol imo andys losing lol even though his interest was booking the headliner n thats fine but hes being narrow minded about other peoples opinions of it