Optimus Alive 2013

Guest pryce

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but I really hope it's not them. There's already one headliner I'm disinterested in (KOL), if Green Day are announced I may have to reconsider and go else where.

They're playing the Sat at Bilbao & T in The Park is the same weekend, so hopefully they'll just bugger off & play there instead.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Saw TDCC at Sziget last year and they really did nothing for me at all - although I suppose that it depends on your taste in music! ;) Would have liked to do the trip over to Lisbon next year, but none of the stuff that's been currently booked really stands out for me at the moment! :(

i stayed in the Corinthia hotel last year ... cheaper than you would think ...... only trouble would be taxis .... 15 euro too the fest and 5 euro to the city centre

not a problem if there is 3 or 4 of you

its 5 stars ... there will be cheaper but it was a great hotel to stay in

i stayed in the Corinthia hotel last year ... cheaper than you would think ...... only trouble would be taxis .... 15 euro too the fest and 5 euro to the city centre

not a problem if there is 3 or 4 of you

its 5 stars ... there will be cheaper but it was a great hotel to stay in

Thank you,

We're looking at apartments now in Lisbon. About 500 euro for 4 nights and they are massive and luxurious. Just a bit worried how we would get back at night??!

Heather.bye.gif

My family stayed in The Altis Belem hotel during the festival. Was only 10 minutes walk to the Festival, closest hotel we found.

It's 5 star so a bit expensive but was incredible value for that type of hotel from what they said.

My mum met Robert Smith in the lobby on the sunday morning. Was easy to get into Lisbon centre too.

Can't decide whether to book a bungalow for 6 people (432 euro) or get an apartment in lisbon.

Are the bungalows any good? I mean are the beds comfy / clean etc.The bungalows do look a bit grotty!

An apartment costs about the same. So I'm siding with the apartment. I'm just a bit worried we will get lots of hassle trying to get back in the early hours.

It is a big responsibility booking it for 6 people and I don't want to cock it up!

Cheers, Heather

Neither myself nor my friends speak any Portuguese & we never struggled to find a taxi in the early hours or explain (using a pre-printed out map) where abouts in Lisbon we were staying... Our hotel was about 15/20 mins from the festival & I was surprised how cheap the taxi's were...

Hope that's helped a little.

Get a bungalow - I booked two six man ones last year and we all really liked it (they're not that bad - we're all in our 30s and have decent jobs but no one complained that they were too grotty or anything).

Will an apartment in Lisbon be filled with like minded people who are also going to the festival; have a massive swimming pool with a bar next to it; have a massive, beautiful open area outside where you can sunbathe all day/sit around drinking; have a free shuttle bus to the fest and back? And crazy golf?!

You could tell the bungalows were nice, we camped in normal tents but they looked pretty cool and they have a toilet.

We stayed in an apartment in Lisbon for 2 nights before the festival and 2 nights after. That was really cool too. You should probably get a bungalow at the campsite just so it's easier.

• 4 weeks later...