Has anyone tried glamping before?

Guest Taija

Hello all!

I've just been looking into different glamping options for glasto '13 and this company called cloudhouses came up. There alternatives seem to be A LOT cheaper than most and was wondering if they're any good!

I've also been looking into podpads, and a few others.

Just wondering if any one has past experience with any of the glamping options and if it's worth the money! Thanks :)

To be honest if anyone here knew about either then they'd have been mentioned previously, but I just did a quick search for those two names without success.

That surprises me a little, as I thought there was no such thing as a new subject on here wink.png

Edited by clarkete

I've stayed at Windinglake Farm for the last 3 festivals and am booked in again next year. Having done the standard camping bit it is an absolute luxury being in a place where you have showers, private transfers in and out of the festival, good toilets etc. Not everyone's cup of tea I know but if you want to spend a bit more to enjoy a totally wonderful experience than I highly recommend it.

Whiteash

When you have stayed at Windinglake farm what did you stay in? caravan/tent

How big is site?

where you able to have small camping stove or do you have to use only there facilities

hospitality tickets did you have these and if so what you think of them

Anyone else been here too

thanks

We stayed in our own tent and will do the same again next year. It's not a huge site but is very comfortable. You get to park your car right beside your tent and can bring whatever you want as long as it's safe. I buy hospitality tickets as part of an overall package and both me and my wife loved having them last year. I do know that Windinglake is completely sold out with a long waiting list as friends are trying to get to stay there.

Whiteash

When you have stayed at Windinglake farm what did you stay in? caravan/tent

How big is site?

where you able to have small camping stove or do you have to use only there facilities

hospitality tickets did you have these and if so what you think of them

Anyone else been here too

thanks

I stayed at Windinglake last year and booked for next year. It is a nice place. Bring my campervan. Plenty of room with pre allocated pitch. Had hospitality ticket last time. But not that much advantage apart from entry to back stage area which is nothing that exciting. Got ordinary tickets this time. Still get the Windinglake facilities. Done the camping thing on site and campervan fields in the past but the extra comfort is lovely as Whitewash says!

Can i you you guys some questions about windinglake or anyone else that has stayed their

When arriving are the queues bad to get to the farm?

How long does it take to walk from the site to pyramid stage approx!!

Food on site expensive/ good??

Thanks

When I went still got caught up in the usual traffic queues on the Wednesday but once you get past that no real queue into Windinglake and once you're there your pitch is reserved so you could arrive later after the queues.

From Windinglake you can walk to nearst gate in about 10 mins but it is quite a walk to Pyramid, depends on crowds. Quicker to get on their minibus to gate C and the walk from there, about 5 to 10 mins.

Loads of choice of food on festival site and most is good. Usually 5 to 7 pounds. There are threads about food on chat. Can get food at windinglake some of the time but more choice on site

I'm looking at Cloudhouses (yurts) as well. They are going to have a field just north of the stone circle this year, so off the site but if it's not too far I may do it. My friend and I really struggled last year lugging our stuff through the mud (dodgy back and knee between us) so having a base all set up for us and not a massive trek from the car makes sense. BUT I don't want to miss out on anything so am torn between doing the "glamping" thing or just getting there mega early to get a good place in the main site which I've managed in the past. We were late last year as we got stuck in a massive diversion and ended up right at the edge of the site having walked through mud for 2 hours to find our friends who'd been directed to a different gate (!) so may as well have been outside it we were so far from the action.

I'll have a look at Tangerine Fields as well but would appreciate any more thoughts on the glamping experience!

I'm looking at Cloudhouses (yurts) as well. They are going to have a field just north of the stone circle this year, so off the site but if it's not too far I may do it. My friend and I really struggled last year lugging our stuff through the mud (dodgy back and knee between us) so having a base all set up for us and not a massive trek from the car makes sense.

if you struggled in the mud with your gear, do you think you'll cope any better having to walk further and up a horribly steep hill to get to your camp...?

Used Tangerine Fields in IOW this year as we were travelling from Dublin and didn't want to be lugging a load of gear.

Would have no problem using again, we'll organised, decent bar, reasonable loos.

It was pretty good arriving to a per pitched tent when the weather was so bad. Not a lot of glamour involved just pretty comfortable

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like CloudHouses or Yurts & Squrts (dont know why they have 2 names) will be using Pennard Hill Farm next year, this was the field that Myhab defaulted on last year.

Just be aware that there is a very,very steep hill all the way from the Stone Circle up to this site. Although it does have other benefits like parking.