Camping gear

Guest denwyn

After a disasterous 2011 festival for me,won't go into to much detail but due to illness i had to leave the festival on the Friday morning' leaving most of my stuff behind. I vowed not to go again,but here i am again with a ticket,i supose it gets into your blood. I am going to have to buy some more stuff,used to buy from local Millets,but there gone now. Any recomendations for good online places to go,i prefer to buy it all from one place if possible,also to buy now while i have the spare cash,looking at rucksack,sleeping bag, etc, maybe a tent, i have a spare pop up, but its a pain to pack away and a bit cumbersome to carry, so poss a tent as well. Thanks

Of course I would say ebay as everything is on there and lots of well known shops too, but go outdoors has been good for us when they have deals on, we have a membership card thing that I think you need but its only £5 for the year. I check out charity shops at this time of year too as people give away camping stuff that I find perfect for festivals so you don't worry your new stuff :)

Thanks for that,i did look at Ebay,but the astranomical postage charges sellers want kills any bargins off. Never thought of Charity shops for camping gear,i do tend to buy some old clothes there for Glastonbury and bin them before i leave,will have to have a look round for camping gear, and check out GoOutdoors as well.

Thanks for that,i did look at Ebay,but the astranomical postage charges sellers want kills any bargins off. Never thought of Charity shops for camping gear,i do tend to buy some old clothes there for Glastonbury and bin them before i leave,will have to have a look round for camping gear, and check out GoOutdoors as well.

If you type your postcode into the Lobay website, it brings up all the local bargains so as long as you can go & collect, there's no issues with postage. http://www.lobay.co.uk/ I've picked up a few camping bargains this way & there's quite often barely used tents at this time of year. I also second Go Outdoors. We bought our last tent from them pretty cheaply & they were really helpful & quick to replace it when there was an issue with it.

The eFestivals Camping Store is a professionally run camping store, run for eFestivals by Funky Leisure.

eFestivals gets a cut of all sales thru the camping store, which helps fund efestivals - without the money raised from things like this efestivals can't continue, so please at least take a look at what's in the store to see if it might suit you. :)