E Festival posters who didn't get tickets

Guest smash

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would make a rubbish steward - I'm sure. I would be interested in litter picking - but I am toying with the idea of working the festival as I like going to the festival and doing nothing other than having a good time. Selfish I know. And my timekeeping when at a festival can be questionable! Outside of a festival I am always early for everything.

If I don't get tickets in the resale I may have to work or just not bother going!

If last year was anything to go by then there will be 5,000 tickets (I think) on resale so it will be tough going. Oxfam employ 5,000 volunteers for the festival with applications opening in March.

The shifts will ultimately mean you miss parts of the festival you would have otherwise have seen, but you will be in a group of like minded people who will be over compensating when they do have free time.

The Oxfam enclosure always looks like everyone is having a chilled out time, which is the polar opposite of the security compounds in fairness.

i've just sent a request to the facebook group, i'm desperate to try and get tickets in the resale. Went in 2010 and it was just the best experience ever. My twitter is @timme86 as well if anyone wants to follow.

Apparently I can buy a coach ticket. Not sure what to do yet, I'm kind of sick in my stomach that I failed to pay a deposit, and the thought of the coach with kids and arriving late is too much.... The family field, near the Kidz field, was full by 10:30 on Wednesday... so I will try for none coach option in the resale and see what happens from there....

Excellent Claire, I've requested to join too. I've sighed up to all sorts to get info on the secret sales (managed to get 8 tickets for 2009 a few weeks after the ticket sell day) ... If I hear anything I will share with u all! We are very sad not to have hit them this year as we've been going for years too!

Apparently I can buy a coach ticket. Not sure what to do yet, I'm kind of sick in my stomach that I failed to pay a deposit, and the thought of the coach with kids and arriving late is too much.... The family field, near the Kidz field, was full by 10:30 on Wednesday... so I will try for none coach option in the resale and see what happens from there....

Regular reader of this forum, new poster. Like many others, utterly gutted to have missed out this year after magic time in 2011. We had 4 people trying with multiple pcs, mobiles, landlines etc etc, but no joy. Really glad for people who got tickets, but would be interesting to know how many tickets sold before 9am official start and by techie route, which I did not understand so cldn't make use of, tho appreciated the help on offer here.

Have applied to join your facebook page claire, will get others in our group to do the twitter thing, and will try the other suggestions put on here.

Good luck to you all for 2013.......

We'll never know. Basically it's a twitter account which provides Glasto info. Nothing more than you'd learn from here or the official website.

I think it basically came down to a lot of people continually pestering anyone related to Glastonbury Festivals Ltd to get one specific person a ticket. Eventually they took notice and gave him a ticket.

So anyone, if you'd all like to pester Emily & Co on my behalf, it'd be most welcome ;-)

Edited by Filthclough