T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year will be my 7th T in a row and so far out of the acts announced the only one I have saw previously are The Killers so to me the lineup doesn't seem the worst.

I will admit though that the 3 headliners aren't exactly the big hitters I was hoping for considering it's the 20th anniversary. But the promoters are out to make money and all 3 are capable of shifting a lot of tickets very quickly.

I will admit though that the 3 headliners aren't exactly the big hitters I was hoping for considering it's the 20th anniversary. But the promoters are out to make money and all 3 are capable of shifting a lot of tickets very quickly.

they're three of the most popular acts in the UK at the moment.

What exactly were you expecting in the line of 'big hitters'? There aren't many who come any bigger. :lol:

And why did you expect anything different to what T normally does, just because it's the 20th? That would mean that T has been deliberately selling you shite for the last 19 years if this year was going to be anything different.

(The fact that the line-ups for fests like this are always shite in my opinion doesn't impact into my words there).

they're three of the most popular acts in the UK at the moment.

What exactly were you expecting in the line of 'big hitters'? There aren't many who come any bigger. :lol:

I'm aware of that, hence why I said they are capable of selling tickets very fast. I don't have an issue with them. I'm happy to see all of them. But when I say 'big hitters' I mean like rare acts e.g Daft Punk, Rolling Stones, etc. Artist that surprise people.

And why did you expect anything different to what T normally does, just because it's the 20th? That would mean that T has been deliberately selling you shite for the last 19 years if this year was going to be anything different.

And tbh, when it is an anniversary I do expect them to go all out and try that bit harder to make it 'extra special' just like people do on special birthdays/anniversarys.

(The fact that the line-ups for fests like this are always shite in my opinion doesn't impact into my words there).

Edited by PatsInThePark

> But when I say 'big hitters' I mean like rare acts e.g Daft Punk, Rolling Stones, etc. Artist that surprise people.

Daft punk wouldn't sell the tickets. Rolling Stones is not the sort of band that T has ever been about (tho if they were an easy catch I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see them).

Those acts will not ever happen at T as headliners. If you'd been hoping they would, that's your error.

> And tbh, when it is an anniversary I do expect them to go all out and try that bit harder to make it 'extra special' just like people do on special birthdays/anniversarys.

It's T's birthday every year.

And trying harder would mean they've not been trying very hard up till now. Do you really think that's the case? :lol:

(Just because the line-up might not suit you and gives you a reason to suggest they've not been trying hard doesn't make that true).

> But when I say 'big hitters' I mean like rare acts e.g Daft Punk, Rolling Stones, etc. Artist that surprise people.

Daft punk wouldn't sell the tickets. Rolling Stones is not the sort of band that T has ever been about (tho if they were an easy catch I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see them).

Those acts will not ever happen at T as headliners. If you'd been hoping they would, that's your error.

> And tbh, when it is an anniversary I do expect them to go all out and try that bit harder to make it 'extra special' just like people do on special birthdays/anniversarys.

It's T's birthday every year.

And trying harder would mean they've not been trying very hard up till now. Do you really think that's the case? :lol:

(Just because the line-up might not suit you and gives you a reason to suggest they've not been trying hard doesn't make that true).

I'm not saying they haven't been trying for the past 19 years, but they are the ones making a big deal out of it being the '20th birthday party'

they certainly aren't the ones who started anything around the 20th being a special year. That idea was being discussed on these forums before act for the 19th were announced.

And if all T have said is that it's their "20th birthday party", how's that different (aside from the number of years) to last year being the 19th birthday party?

Simple fact is that any festival will book the best acts open to it and where the budgetting works in every year.

Edited by eFestivals

they certainly aren't the ones who started anything around the 20th being a special year.

That idea was being discussed on these forums before act or the 19th were announced.

And if all T have said is that it's their "20th birthday party", how's that different (aside from the number of years) to last year being the 19th birthday party?

Simple fact is that any festival will book the best acts open to it and where the budgetting works

in every year.

:lol: Killers ...knew they wouldn't be able to resist!

Bit of a side rant, but I think it's relevant to why T line ups look so shocking. (Though its no excuse to book the fucking script)

Maybe it's just new guitar based music is fucking shit at the moment that even fans don't want to see it? TBH I like more Ri Ri songs than fecking Mumford even if I would rather listen to them in a club in a drunken stupor, all these hotly tipped new bands that are making the step up quite franky have nothing about them what so ever. They normally have one or two half decent singles ~(See The Vaccines/Mumfords and for new acts Of Monsters and Men/The Lumineers) you hear on the radio, load up spotify and boom an album full of shit.

I guess you can't blame promoters if the genre you like isn't producing anything of any quality to get you to buy tickets! They going go for fans who are buying tickets.

laugh.png Killers ...knew they wouldn't be able to resist!

Bit of a side rant, but I think it's relevant to why T line ups look so shocking. (Though its no excuse to book the fucking script)

Maybe it's just new guitar based music is fucking shit at the moment that even fans don't want to see it? TBH I like more Ri Ri songs than fecking Mumford even if I would rather listen to them in a club in a drunken stupor, all these hotly tipped new bands that are making the step up quite franky have nothing about them what so ever. They normally have one or two half decent singles ~(See The Vaccines/Mumfords and for new acts Of Monsters and Men/The Lumineers) you hear on the radio, load up spotify and boom an album full of shit.

I guess you can't blame promoters if the genre you like isn't producing anything of any quality to get you to buy tickets! They going go for fans who are buying tickets.