Benicassim 2013!

Guest STEatT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lia,

You don't give an age, but what an adventure! Go for it and assume you'll meet lots of people your own age and have a great time.

What's the worst that could happen? A week chilling in the sun and listening to great bands.

I would like to post this again as I need help quite quickly!

We're coming to FIB by car, but on the 'general timetable' page it says that the public parking isn't open until Thurs 18th! Any ideas what to do? Or what is 'accreditee parking'?

Thank you very much if you can help, I've no idea what to do

I would like to post this again as I need help quite quickly!

We're coming to FIB by car, but on the 'general timetable' page it says that the public parking isn't open until Thurs 18th! Any ideas what to do? Or what is 'accreditee parking'?

Thank you very much if you can help, I've no idea what to do

....construction of the site should have started today, it hasn't. Rumours of 20k ticket sales and to break even the festival needs to sell 30k. Press has got hold of these rumours and created a story.

Could turn out to be accurate and equally could be a storm in a tea-cup

Either was I am partying in benicassim!!!

a spanish friend has translated this for me and basically they haven't sold as many tickets as hoped , they are struggling to pay the artists and land owners and so they have delayed putting up the stages , the local council is trying to sort it .

Sounds like we are back to where we were in september when the fest was first cast in doubt , another friend of mine , a bar owne in Oropesa says it been the same for the last 7 years and not to worry

Just read this article regarding the statement being issued if people are interested:

The 19th edition of Festival Internacional de Benicassim, FIB, has become a serious trending topic over the course of the last few hours after the Spanish online newspaper ABC published the story that its cancellation was imminent after not having reached projected ticket sales to cover costs, and ABC even claims that the organisation has not even got enough funds to pay rent on the campsites yet. Stage set-up was scheduled for today but has been postponed so far, though in the last hour FIB has published a one-liner on both Facebook and Twitter confirming that the Festival will take place and announcing a press release to be expected tomorrow at some point. We at thisisvalencia.com are trying not to get our knickers in a twist right at this moment, but festival-goers and fans across all social networks are on panic stations left right and centre!#SaveFIB seems to be the hashtag of the moment as twitter users are tweeting artists such as Arctic Monkeys, Queens of The Stone Age, Killers, Dizzee Rascal and Bastille to boost ticket sales in time for the 18th of July, the festival’s opening night of their 19th year. Let’s not let it die!!

Edited by Nathan182

Tomorrow we will have an official statement. Let's wait what they have to say.

I'm spanish (you can guess by my english..) and all the newspapers made echo of the ABC article, but they say the same. Sinceresly I'm a little bit worried.

Let's all keep fingers crossed for a good update on Wednesday although as our flights and transfers are already booked will be going along anyway

Lia if it's good news in announcement go it alone, I did last year and made loads of friends and was fine all week you will love it

And I'm 40 and one of my friends going along is 50, you're never too old for music and fun in the sun