Happy with clashes? planned your weekend? who you seeing?

Guest luckysalt

Ive just had a go with the App, im really happy with how things have fell, the only problems are no time to get from Skindred on second stage over to Corey then back for Killswitch really, so it looks like Corey may have to be left out.

But a lot of other things fall really nicely.

Should be able to catch Skindred acoustic this year too which I didn't think I could and Refused and Soundgarden fall nicely around each other.

I can even watch a good 45 minutes of Rise Against and catch Sabbath, which I'll do, or watch all of Rise Against then catch still like 75 minutes of Sabbath.

So im really happy I can see Rise Against, looks like no chance of Dropkick Murphys tho.

Out of 36 bands I'm wanting to see I have a couple of clashes/cross-overs:

Friday - Soil and Voodoo six - major clash

Saturday - Fozzy, Saxon and Halestorm - cross-over and clash, bad call!!

Saturday - The Treatment and Butcher Babies - clash

Saturday - The Union, The Mission and Metallica - cross-over and clashness

Sunday - Heavens Basement, Kyuss lives! and Reckless Love - cross-over

Sunday - Anthrax and Rival sons - cross-over

Sunday - The Dirty Youth, Ghost and Soundgarden - Mass cross-over and clashness, bad times.

And thats about your lot for me

not going but here's something to say... was watching the rock am ring stream and it was killswitch on and they looked in damn fine form. heres the link for it for any others who are interested http://www.swr3.de/specials/rockamring/livestream/

and for rock im park

http://on3.de/#/

they show quite a few bands but there's only one stream.

will recommend billy talent to watch on the RaR link tomorrow, always a good blast.

Its the soundgarden v dropkick murphys v ghost that is pretty much the only clash that I am concerned about, hope to catch dirty youth before heading... somewhere! Oh, and of course lamb of god v ugly kid joe! I mean, they were one of the first bands I saw live, I wanted to see them again for the sake of nostalgia!!

On my plan I have dozens of crossovers every day but to be honest I know now that I probably will only see a quarter of the bands I want to see, but that's not a problem, as long as you get to see a few epic performances that makes it all worth while... And you can kick yourself plenty enough afterwards when people are telling you about an amazing performance by someone that wasn't even on your radar!

Like willutalk said, its all the fun of the festival!!

Quite a few bad clashes, but that's testament to how good the lineup is this year.

Slash v Prodigy - Not a major clash, but I would've quite liked to have seen Slash. Not seen Prodigy before though so they definitely win.

Europe v Lawnmower Deth - Not sure about this, will make my mind up on the day

Fozzy v Saxon - Probably gonna be Fozzy so I can watch Halestorm as well.

Not sure how feasible it'll be to watch Billy Talent-Skindred-Machine Head on the Friday. Will be seeing Skindred the next day anyway so not too fussed but would be good to catch them on the smaller stage.

Tenacious D v Butcher Babies - Yeah I wanted to check out Butcher Babies lol :biggrin: but not worth missing the D for.

Megadeth v Firewind - Firewind are excellent but I've seen them before. Just worried Megadeth will suck and I'll really regret it...

Soundgarden v Dropkicks v Ghost - Horrible, horrible, horrible clash. All 3 would be in my festival top 10 without a doubt.

Edited by ap3311

Its just the Slash/Prodigy clash really for me...

And the bit of Opeth/Machine Head that overlaps. The rest I can just veg out and take it or leave it tbh. Soundgarden & Metallica don't clash with anyone I want to see so all is good in the world...

Also there's a watchable alternative to Biffy... ;):D

Happy would be a stretch but it could have been a lot worse

Friday: it looks like Breed 77 and Little Angels have to be sacrificed due to the pile up of Europe , Skindred and Billy Talent.

Saturday: well this day is a total pain, Black Veil Brides (p**s off before you start)Ginger & Turbowolf all at the same time sucks ass for me!The Yo Yo's crossing over into Trivium is an annoyance ,Tenacious D , Theory of a Dead Man and the Butcher Boobies is not good and I may have to cunningly split my time between them, and My Passion at the same time are gone from my plans! after that i only want to watch Corey Taylor and Metallica so no worries later .

Sunday: This day is total plain sailing from first to last i get to watch 13 bands with no outright clashes and only minimal cross over!

Friday:

Rise to remain

Cancer bats

Fear factory

Europe

The defiled

While she sleeps

Last half of machine head

Nightwish

Bit of gallows

The prodigy

Saturday:

As i lay dying

Saxon

Halestorm

Bvb (why the fuck not?)

Trivium

Steel panther

Tenacious D

Sylosis

Biffy clyro

Killswitch engage

You me at six

Sunday:

Devildriver

We are the ocean

August burns red

Anthrax

Black label society

Lamb of god

Megadeth

Refused

Dropkick murphys

Black sabbath

Edited by Dead throne

Fri: Machine Head, maybe Terrorvision. Pub. :D

Sat: Ginger, Triv, Sylosis, Biffy, KSE, Metallica.

Sunday: Black label, LOG, Megadeth, Soundgarden, Sabbath/Rise Against.

Clashes: Sylosis and Biffy. SG and Dropkicks. So I can live with that.