2013 Headliners

Guest Andre91

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slipknot is by no means a poor booking, it's just I wanted Pearl Jam as I saw Slipknot st Soni 2 years ago.

The Vodafone thing interesting, that's the first time in 8 years I have seen Efests announce the wrong headliner. Neil always does his homework before they publish anything.

Edited by the_hedge

Can't believe people are being so negative here. Ok Slipknot haven't had a new album in quite sometime, but their stage show and performance is fantastic. Put that alongside Maiden doing a classic(and different set) and the masters of a live show Rammstein.....it'll be amazing. My only problem may be is if they put Tool headlining the second stage. Would be a disaster!!

Well so far two great headliners for me in Slipknot and Rammstein. So very happy.. What do people reckon to this prediction for the weekend:

Friday

Slipknot

Deftones

Skunk Anansie

Bring Me The Horizon

Papa Roach

The Blackout

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Gojira

Saturday

Iron Maiden

Bullet For My Valentine

Slayer

Thin Lizzy

Coheed and Cambria

Asking Alexandria

Mindless Self Indulgence

Lower Than Atlantis

Rolo Tomassi

Sunday

Rammstein

30 Seconds To Mars

Alice in Chains

Mastodon

Serj Tankian

Devin Townsend Project

Flyleaf

While She Sleeps

Therapy?

With Paramore and Limp Bizkit both headlining the second stage and Enter Shikari either sub headlining or headlining second stage also.

Well so far two great headliners for me in Slipknot and Rammstein. So very happy.. What do people reckon to this prediction for the weekend:

Friday

Slipknot

Deftones

Skunk Anansie

Bring Me The Horizon

Papa Roach

The Blackout

Gojira

Saturday

Iron Maiden

Bullet For My Valentine

Slayer

Thin Lizzy

Coheed and Cambria

Asking Alexandria

Mindless Self Indulgence

Lower Than Atlantis

Rolo Tomassi

Sunday

Rammstein

30 Seconds To Mars

Alice in Chains

Mastodon

Serj Tankian

Devin Townsend Project

Flyleaf

While She Sleeps

Therapy?

With Paramore and Limp Bizkit both headlining the second stage and Enter Shikari either sub headlining or headlining second stage also.

Slipknot

Deftones

Slayer

Mastodon

Papa Roach

Less Than Jake

In Flames

Asking Alexandria

Pulled Apart By Horses

Iron Maiden

QOTSA

Motorhead

Enter Shikari

Down

Journey

Parkway Drive

Axewound

Let live.

Rammstein

???

Alice In Chains

Coheed and Cambria

Skindred

Sepultura

Scars On Broadway

While She Sleeps

InMe

2nd Stage:

Bring Me The Horizon

A Day To Remember

Falling In Reverse

Weezer

Bowling For Soup

Sum 41

No Doubt

The Gaslight Anthem

Black Stone Cherry

Made a few changes to my prediction from yesterday to accommodate Slipknot. Can't think of a sub to Rammstein, although I considered 30STM, BFMV, KoRn & Paramore. But I can't see it being any of them. KoRn possibly but not the others I don't think.

Friday

Slipknot

Deftones

Skunk Anansie

Bring Me The Horizon

Papa Roach

The Blackout

Gojira

Saturday

Iron Maiden

Bullet For My Valentine

Slayer

Thin Lizzy

Coheed and Cambria

Asking Alexandria

Mindless Self Indulgence

Lower Than Atlantis

Rolo Tomassi

Sunday

Rammstein

30 Seconds To Mars

Alice in Chains

Mastodon

Serj Tankian

Devin Townsend Project

Flyleaf

While She Sleeps

Therapy?

Well in 2011 Skunk Anasie played the same spot on main... while BMTH were third top on second. Now I know BMTH could have played higher, and I heard they were offered a better slot.. However, it's not exactly ridiculous that Skunk Anansie would play above them... very much doubt Skunk Anansie would drop down the bill anyway

2011 line up was poor apart from the headliners? I avoided that one as it really didn't have a enough good bands on the bill. Even looking at that line, they were placed way above their status. Sonisphere the year before they played way down the bill which seems and feels right for them. I see bands like Saxon or WASP as much more popular than them. I'm not slagging them, just don't see them high on the bill.

Saxon and WASP couldn't sell out Brixton Academy like Skunk Anansie have done on their last 2 tours since the came back. WASP couldn't sell out the Forum on the 30th anniversary of their first ever show, after not touring here for years!

I disagree that Slipknot again is as bad Leppard again, Leppard where questionable the 1st time round let alone the 2nd but Slipknot are still very much fan favourites with Download. It's more akin to Metallica back at Soni.

It seems such a waste to have them this year. I know they're popular with the download audience but they'll only be more in demand next year. Having three metal headliners will surely rule out so many people, it put me off going. Obviously there are other stages but for over £200 I'd want to be excited by least 1 big money name.