First Time Reading Fest!

Guest Max Ruddock

Hi guys,

First time Reading Fest this year because the line-up looks amazing!

Few questions: Is it best to get a Green or a White Car Parking ticket? I've heard that it depends what direction your coming from - I'm coming from NE/E but when I get to Reaidng will probably actually come in from the South?

What is the best campsite? We're a group of 17 year olds that like to party, but not as much so that we p**s on peoples tents and set stuff alight etc.

What time can we go onto the campsite Thursday?

What enetertainment is there after the music?

Cheers guys!

White car park is oppostie end of the site to the arena so, unless you're camping in White, there's a bit of a walk to get to your campsite. I've always parked in White but I think that Green carpark is a boat ride away which is a pain in the backside (can someone confirm this).

The campsite is usually open from 8am on Thurs unless you have an early entry then you can arrive on the Weds.

After the music there are films on in one of the tents, the silent disco, the fun fair and Action Aid tent.

Your're searching for the holy grail of campsite - not dead quiet but not so rowdy. The general rule of thumb is the ones right near the arena are the most busy and the most rowdy, We always go in White but you could try the Brown campsite (anyone else help here?)

Yeah it depends where you're camping.

Green if you're in red, green, yellow a, b, d, e or in purple a, b, c, d.

White if you're in white, brown, orange or the other zones of yellow and purple.

Driving is easy, carrying all your shit accross a bunch of fields isn't.

Generally speaking closer to the arena is more rowdy, futher less.

We camp in red because it's a good level of party but there isn't loads of 16 year old w*nkers who've just left school and had half a can of cider "yeah blud innit, aww mud on my flatpeak, mum will have to buy me a new one" overall it's a good mix of chilled/ party. We don't really ever stop drinking, people are generally quite friendly.

But you might want to be closer to the arena if you want a non stop party.

i suggest white car park as otherwise yu have to get a boat (i think)

and purple was alright in 08 a bit of rowdy on sunday night but nothing too major.

and go with the flow and enjoy is my best advice. too much planning i find can ruin it abit just chill and see what happens :)

I always used to camp in Brown but I hear it's a bit full of aforementioned drunk children these days? Haven't been since 2008 so I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts. I'm 28, female, like a moderate party, and going to Reading on my own BECAUSE I CAN. :) Going to make lots of friends! haha.

Re the OP: go and catch a late film if you can. One of the highlights of Reading 2005, I think it was, was watching Team America in a tent with hundreds of people joining in the songs, booing etc. So funny. Silent disco definitely worth it too. But the best late night entertainment is wandering about meeting people and just joining in with whatever random shizzzzz is going down (clearly I do not mean setting things on fire or anything else ridiculous. I'm thinking more air-bed wrestling and my absolute favourite thing ever, "girl fishing". Two chaps in proper full on fishing gear sitting on stools by the path with rods, 'casting off' with chocolate bars tied to the end, then reeling in the pretty girls! Haha)

Cheers for all the replies. Sound like I'll go Green and camp in Red :)

Quick question, how much do the security search people? Is it like V where they don't really care unless you look 10? Just ask cos I'm 17 (although with my festival beard I'll have by then - easily look 30 ;)), and I don't wanna stash cider throughout my bag if they're just gonna pick me up on it, ID me and then confiscate it all..

Quick question, how much do the security search people? Is it like V where they don't really care unless you look 10? Just ask cos I'm 17 (although with my festival beard I'll have by then - easily look 30 ;)), and I don't wanna stash cider throughout my bag if they're just gonna pick me up on it, ID me and then confiscate it all..

To clear up a few things. You don't have to get a boat if you park in green theres a perfectly good walkway and it's generally quicker to walk if theres a queue for the boat, we actually beat our mates back by about half an hour 2010 by walking.

The silent disco entrance in red camp is near the funfair, there is a smaller silent disco in orange but from what I hear it's crap.

The security in all likelihood won't confiscate booze unless it's in glass bottles or you're clearly underage. Nor do they have sniffer dogs or do rigourous bag checks.

No drinks in the arena period except for sealed 500ml bottles of water, there are of course ways to smuggle booze in, I buy pouches of rum and tape them to my gooch. I then buy coke in the arena and it mix it, plus, nice smooth gooch by sunday after the tape has taken all the hair off of it. Even if they do feel the rum they'll just assume you've got a wierd ballbag full of liquid.

Also the classics of putting rum in a chair bag/ in wellies/ in waistband/ in a rucksack.

Edited by Mega Ross