Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portishead would be a dream come true, I've been meaning to see them for a while & they'd no doubt fit perfectly between Caribou & Radiohead.

As for Bloc Party I'd some how gotten into my head that they where playing at EXIT festival that weekend I dunno why... they are however in Spain on the 12th & then Germany on the 13th though, so I guess it depends if they'd travel back to Portugal after that?

Hey folks, question for people from all the way down in Australia. A bunch of friends and I are travelling through Europe this year and have decided that we should include Optimus Alive as part of the trip. The lineup is phenomenal compared to the festivals we get down here. From what I can gather, the bungalow accomodation within the camping grounds has sold out now but there are still camping tickets available. Does that mean if we were to buy the camping tickets we'd have access to all the amenities the bungalows have but we would have to bring our own tents and camping gear? If so, are we better off staying at a hostel in Lisbon and getting public transport to the Festival each day instead? I've done a bit of research but I haven't really found anything concrete on this issue.

Cheers all

From what I can gather, the bungalow accomodation within the camping grounds has sold out now but there are still camping tickets available.

YES.

Does that mean if we were to buy the camping tickets we'd have access to all the amenities the bungalows have but we would have to bring our own tents and camping gear?

YES.

If so, are we better off staying at a hostel in Lisbon and getting public transport to the Festival each day instead? I've done a bit of research but I haven't really found anything concrete on this issue.

IT'S ENTIRELY UP TO YOU (I CERTAINLY WOULD!).

Hey folks, question for people from all the way down in Australia. A bunch of friends and I are travelling through Europe this year and have decided that we should include Optimus Alive as part of the trip. The lineup is phenomenal compared to the festivals we get down here. From what I can gather, the bungalow accomodation within the camping grounds has sold out now but there are still camping tickets available. Does that mean if we were to buy the camping tickets we'd have access to all the amenities the bungalows have but we would have to bring our own tents and camping gear? If so, are we better off staying at a hostel in Lisbon and getting public transport to the Festival each day instead? I've done a bit of research but I haven't really found anything concrete on this issue.

Cheers all

Edited by DutchGuy

Here We Go Magic, Lisa Hannigan and Big Deal (no, me neither!) have all just appeared on the second stage for Sat too. Is it just me or does the second stage seems loads stronger for Sunday than Fri or Sat? Is this a reflection of the fact that there will be no 'sub-headliner' sized band on the main stage on the Sun due to the fact that they reckon Radiohead will sell it out on their own?

http://www.optimusalive.com/en

i think thers only 3 more main stage band to be added.... usually only 5 per day through the last few years

i wish the 2nd stage on the fri and sun picked up a bit... and hoping for some big names on the dance stage

Death in Vegas are a good addition, though I'm seeing them at Primavera anyway. AWOLNATION looked alright but a bit cheesy. Looking forward to Sebastian and Antlers on the Saturday 2nd stage but I agree it's not a patch on the Sunday 2nd stage line-up...