Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

Hey people - i have accommodation questions!

We've booked a hotel really near the festival - but thinking outside the box - is there much about in the Linda-a-Vehla area during the days or are we just plonked in the middle of nowhere? My query is because I've seen loads of cheaper hotels with pools etc in the city and think for before and after the festival they'd be better.

Are there many taxi's from fest site available in the silly hours to get back to the city? Would anyone recommend staying in central lisbon and coming out for the fest? Any advice helps..... :)

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more i look at the reading line-up and ticket price the more delighted i am about optimus in terms of line-up and just overall value. I honestly think i'll spend only slightly more for a flight to cultural lisbon in the (probable) sunshine with 4* hotel as others will to camp in a (usually) cloudy with some drizzle field in reading. We also have the stone roses and radiohead - bring on july.

The more i look at the reading line-up and ticket price the more delighted i am about optimus in terms of line-up and just overall value. I honestly think i'll spend only slightly more for a flight to cultural lisbon in the (probable) sunshine with 4* hotel as others will to camp in a (usually) cloudy with some drizzle field in reading. We also have the stone roses and radiohead - bring on july.

I love how slow the NME are, they've just decided to run a story announcing Lostprophets, Refused etc for Optimus... must be a slow day for music "news".

Ed Sheeran's just been announced for Beni, I could see him fitting in pretty well on the Fri second stage? Not that I'm a fan, just seems logical.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Hey, yeah I'm in solplay buy like U say, it's pricey. It also looks like its in middle of nowhere so I'm debating staying in the city. Just concerned about getting back in the middle of the night!!!! If anyone's been and knows that here are trains/taxis readily available all night it might just swing it for me. Have found a gorgeous hotel in the city that's half the price of the solplay! Just means I have more spends for a fest later in the year.....

If its a chew to get back n forth from city to fest then I'll stay put but it would be cool to save some beans at the same time!